“Location was excellent but disappointed with the room standard”
Review of Apartment Peppino

Apartment Peppino
Ranked #56 of 68 Hotels in Dubrovnik
Canberra
“Location was excellent but disappointed with the room standard”
Reviewed 11 September 2009

WeI stayed at Apartment Bura in the Old Town in Dubrovnik. The best points were location (you cant get better, directly inside the Old Town) and the price, $460 Euro for 8 nights. Tonka, the owner was very nice and was there to meet us upon our arrival. The room itself was large, had a bathroom with a small washing machine, along with a small kitchen holding a fridge, hot plate and basic utensils (no kettle or toaster though)..

For the price and the location (being in the Old Town and therefore living like a local), I knew that it would not be the same as a hotel room but I was disappointed with the standard. The king-sized bed was covered by 2 single sheets rather than 1 large one, the top sheets were the same. The doona was more like a large sleeping-bag inside a doona cover and just fit the bed. There were spares of everything, sheets, towels etc but it all seemed mismatched.

The floor was covered with mats which were very old and slightly dirty. The bathroom was a bit rusted in places as was the ktichen. There were no room appliances other than the necessary air conditioner and there was "old" feeling to the room (I know, we were staying in Old Town - I should have expected it!!).

To sum up, my husband was quite happy with the room as he'll sleep anywhere but I have to admit that I am use to hotel rooms. I'd recommend this apartment to backpackers or young couples rather than a married couple in their late 30's. After a few days though, I did get use to the room but initially, I have to say that I was disappointed and kept eyeing the Hilton which was just outside the Old Town!.

PS: I must warn you about the stairs - to get to the room, you have to walk up 80 stairs (tall uneven ones) and 14 landings. In total, we had over 50kgs of luggage which hubbie had to haul up in 30 degree heat. Had I been on my own or with a girlfriend, we'd still be there at the bottom step!.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Rykerh

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)