Kusalo Guesthouse
Hotel Lapad(Dubrovnik)
All reviewsthe busold townsupermarketaccommodationcroatiaapartment
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 August 2012

I must say that my review is not regarding the rooms as I never got to stay there, although I made a reservation 2 weeks before my arrival.
The treatment we got was so outrageously unprofessional and even unkind, I just have to share this with anyone who is planning to stay in this guesthouse.

2 weeks before our arrival, I made a reservation by e-mail and asked for a double room. Also I asked if there is a shuttle service from the airport. I was given the information, and wrote back that I want the room but no need to send a car as I will arrive with a bus. At this point I asked, do they need any more details to make my reservation final. I recieved a reply: "You have your reservation sure."

When we arrived, it was very hot so we took a taxi from the bus station to the guesthouse. I came up, and the lady who received us asked my name and than said - wait, didn't you ask for a car to pick you up? I said that I wrote that we won't need a car eventually. Than she made a call and told me that she doesn't have a room for us.

At that point we tried to understand how can it be that we made a reservation, and in fact she knew my name and that I was asking about a shuttle, and although my reservation was confirmed by mail, I had no room to sleep in! We got no explanation and were sent with all our (heavy) luggage, on a very hot day, to look for a room in a foreign country.
We didn't even get an appology or any attempt to show us that they made a big mistake which put us in a very unpleasant situation.

So maybe they have nice rooms and maybe they are nice to people who do stay there, I wouldn't know. Anyway, be careful if you're making a reservation by e-mail, I guess it doesn't mean much to them!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julia V
Reviewed 24 July 2012

My friends and I stayed here in the apartment before heading on a 7 day sail. It was perfectly comfortable, the owners greeted us warmly with fresh cold water (it was a hot day we must have looked exhausted!). The were nice enough to walk us to a local restaurant for dinner, and in the morning we were given some delicious croatian coffee and a gift of chocolate.To get here we caught the shuttle bus from the airport to the bus station near the harbour and then about a 10 minute walk. It is also a short walk to the harbour and about 20 minutes to old town. Comfortable beds and airconditioned. Close to supermarket, and a nice quiet location.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 July 2012

this guest house was in a good location close to the bus station and a short walk 20 mins or so into old town. The apartment was great. Beds were very comfortable, also had a beautiful balcony. Guest house was airconditioned and we also had kitchen facilities. The staff / owner were lovely and hospitable even walking us into town to a local restaurant. We were offered great croatian coffee in the morning and water on arrival. Would definately recommend as a nice, quiet and value for money accommodation in Dubrovnik

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 October 2011

It was a bit tricky to find, but it's only a short bus ride from the bus station and a 20-minute walk to the Old Town. We were welcomed by the friendliest woman in Croatia, who showed us into our cosy, comfortable and quiet room away from the bustle of the main roads. Ensuite bathroom was a little cramped but the place was really cheap and friendly so we didn't mind at all!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dannyandjess
Reviewed 13 September 2010

Lovely helpful staff, although their english is not strong they were very lovely and pleasant. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Bus station right out front and only a few minutes to the old town, or a nice 10-15 minute walk. Right by the port and supermarkets.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends