“Clean, modern and so helpful!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Anna Guesthouse

Anna Guesthouse
Ranked #40 of 174 Dubrovnik B&B and Inns
New York, NY
“Clean, modern and so helpful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2011

We were treated so well in Dubrovnik and highly recommend this guest house. The rooms were very clean, modern and big with new bathroom facilities and a great view of the city. The host's family owns three apartment buildings in Lapad, all surrounded by fruit trees and gardens. Our hosts kindly allowed us to pick figs right off their tree! Our host was sooo helpful, even driving to us when we got lost and going with us to the local car wash to translate. This was one of the highlights of our two week long trip!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nyu05

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2011

I have read the other reviews and echo those comments.

My girlfriend and I had a 5 night stay at the Anna Gusthouse in July 2011, and really enjoyed our time there. The rooms are small, but clean and our host was very helpful, recommending places and more. He went out of his way to ensure we had a good time.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank Bob10T
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2011

The service at this hostel is amazing.

The moment we turned our phones on again after the flight, we recieved a text telling us how to get to the town, and that we will be picked up by car at the bus station. From that moment we never needed to have a moment of doubt on where to go, what to see, when to do different things and where to eat. We could just text our question, and within a minute get the reply came - "ok, I am coming".

The hostel is actually three different houses close to eachother, and has no actual reception desk, all contact is done through your cell phone.

The room had a good standard; it was clean, had a nice balcony, AC and a kitchen enough equipped for breakfast and light lunches. And the bed was soft - I slept like a baby!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Stinafina
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2011

Unbelievable service from Stejpo, he had text messaged us when we left the plane to make sure we knew how to find the guesthouse. Before we had left Australia I had emailed Stejpo in relation to hiring a car and things to do and he was very helpful in recommending people to get in touch with. He went out of his way to ensure we were happy with everything and gave us some great advice on what to do and where to do it. He also saved us money on some tours as well. We had some washing that needed to be done and his Mother did it for us for nothing, so we left some money anyway. The personal service was great and I would recommend anyone to stay if you want to be a little bit removed from the crush of Old Town Dubrovnik. Also it's close to a nice, more secluded beach.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank onewillo
Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2011

I can't recommend Anna Guesthouse enough. It's brilliant value for money, especially for private accomodation. My friend and I shared a private twin ensuite, and it was spacious, clean, had a kitchenette area for cooking along with various dishes/cutlery, and a clean bathroom with decent shower. The location is perfect because you have all the necessary amenities nearby - great supermarket, bank, currency exchange, pharmacy etc, as well as a number of restaurants along a walkway which leads to a beach. The old town is about 10 minutes away by bus, which is great as it means you can escape the throngs of tourists that disembark at Gruz every day from the huge cruise liners who all go pouring into the Old Town.
The best part of the accomodation is the host/owner. Stjepo clearly cares for his guests a great deal. You're not just a source of income for him, he genuinely looks after those in his accomodation. Absolutely nothing is a problem for him, he gives great advice on day trips or where to eat, he makes sure you're taking care in the sun and will give you a lift to here or there if he's free and wants to help you get to a ferry on time. During my stay I unfortunately fell very ill, and he was very concerned for me, suggested some remedies and even took me to the hospital when I enquired about a doctor. There he waited for me outside while I was put on a drip, then kindly drove me to the pharmacy afterwards to pick up a prescription. Upon my return to the UK my mum was very grateful to hear somebody had looked after me like that! Lovely man, and lovely accomodation. Do not hesitate to book this place!!

Room Tip: Accomodation very quiet and peaceful. Private twin ensuite was great value for money.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank TheIcarusII
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2011

This stay was def the highlight of our European stay. I loved everything about this place and stjepo was the best host. Took the time to show us all the sights and gave us knowledge of all the prices for tourist sites. Also 2 seconds from the bus stop that takes you direct to the old city walls. The room we stayed in was alot more modern than the pics show also. I could not have asked for a better host who would bend over backwards to help us and even picked us up and dropped us off. I would definately come back again and would have no problems recommending this place to others. Very clean, modern and great value for money

• Stayed June 2011
2 Thank Fi259
Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2011

I stayed at Anna's Guesthouse in May for 3 nights in a double room, with ensuite bathroom and a tiny kitchenette which was perfectly adequate for my needs. Spotlessly clean. Lovely outdoor sitting area. Stjepo is an easygoing, helpful host; very friendly and a font of knowledge re places to eat, visit, shopping, etc. He collects guests from the bus and railway stations for free. He very kindly offered me the use of his personal laptop to check in online when I forgot to do it while I was out and was unable to access the airline's website from my iPhone, saving me from having to pay a large check in fee at the airport! Likewise, when I enquirer about borrowing an iron he took my clothes from me which his mum ironed for me at no charge. It's the little gestures like these which make a difference. Thank you Stepjo for your kindness and hospitality and for a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed May 2011