“Just perfect!”
Review of Anna Guesthouse

Anna Guesthouse
Ranked #36 of 183 Dubrovnik B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 September 2013

The Guesthouse/Villa Era was situated comfortly within 3 min to the bus stop, 5 min from the promenade, 10 min from the beach and supermarket, so easy access everywhere. Room & bathroom with tub were clean, air-conditioning and TV worked, as well as Wi-Fi. The balcony had views to the sea, and mountains. It was just perfect sitting there with a glass of wine watching the cruise ships come and go. Our host Stepjo was most helpful, and left nothing more to be desired. Me and my husband thoroughly enjoyed our 10 days here, and can recommend it to everyone!

Room Tip: A room to the south gives you the afternoon sun, which is nice if you enjoy lying on the hot balcony...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Mirjaelina

Reviewed 1 September 2013

My partner and I booked a studio appartment for a week, which had a nice balcony, kitchen and bathroom. Everything was clean and the air conditioning was a relief in the august heat.
Stepjo had been an exceptional host and giving us lots of insider tipps about Dubrovnic and the area. Lapad is around 10 minutes with the Nr 6 from the Old Town and there are is a beach,bars and restaurant pretty close at the promenade, which you could also access per bus or walk down/up the hill. There is also a cheap supermarket, which Stepjo recommended rather than the more touristy and expensive shops.
We really enjoyed our stay at the Guesthouse and this was also due to the host, who made us feel very welcome and was always helpful.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Christina S
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Very good place, the room has everything you need and more. Owner is very kind too, he explains you a lot about the city and the country. Picking us up at the station was a great value, as also is being near the bus stop.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Vidalson
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I arrived at the bus station and took a taxi to the property which is not really known as Anna Guesthouse but they keep the name for old times sake.
Steve who translates for the owners took me to the apartment like room and explained a few things for me. He will collect and take you to the bus station/port if given notice and times. The room left a lot to be desired with 2 old single beds ( I had asked for a double ) and the bedding consisted of an old bottom sheet and a flimsy top sheet only with a pillow - no blanket or anything else.
There was a small kitchenette and small bathroom with a shower, that flooded the floor every time you showered !!!
The internet never worked although the owners let me use their computer in their apartment on 1 occasion when I said had something important to do. After that I went downtown with my computer to use free internet at bars etc.
All in all place worth about $20-$30/night not the $65 I was charged
I will not give directions for the place as I do not wish others to waste their money also.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank ken300855
stjepop, Manager at Anna Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

Dear Sir,

You booked single room ensuite and you have studio apartman with twin beds, small kitchen, and private bathroom,cca. 30 squere meter.You've never asked me for a double bed but have booked a single room. The room is normally equipped as any other in the house and also before you, some guests also were there and have a review here on this site because it is unnecessary to say anything.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

Good host who picked me up from the main bus station near the modern harbour in Dubrovnik and actually dropped me off to the airport at the end of my trip. A good source of advice and tips about where to eat, shopping etc.
Location not bad - near a pedestrianised street/walkway full of restaurants, hotels and shops and which leads to the coast. Also a few minutes walk is the bus stop on a main road from which to catch the bus in to the Old Town.
I had an en-suite room in his house which was basic but can't complain really considering what I paid. Although the shower was not a power shower. Stjepo and I think others in the house smoked and I can't stand cigarette smoke!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank Wanderlust7861
Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

I would definitely recommend Stjepo's apartments in Lapad .Clean rooms functional kitchen nice balcony at around 50 euros a night .Bus stop to Old Town is at the end of the street and reasonably priced restaurants , bars and a supermarket close by .Stjepo picked us up from the bus station , dropped us off one day at the harbor and at the airport , all for about 25 euros .
Stjepo can at times be very chatty but in saying that his advice was very helpful .The Guest house is on a hill but if your mobility is ok staying here would be fine .Great value.

• Stayed: June 2013
4  Thank snezic
Reviewed 20 June 2013 via mobile

Great place all around. The owner really went out of his way to make our stay successful. He picked us up and dropped us off at the bus station without us having to ask. They even did our laundry for free overnight! Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: June 2013