“Great location, helpful and friendly owner”
Review of Anna Guesthouse

Anna Guesthouse
Ranked #37 of 183 Dubrovnik B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 August 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed here for two nights and had a brilliant experience. Stjepo (the owner) picked us up from the bus station once we had called him to let him know we had arrived. He was with us within ten mins of calling and he offers this service for free. Stjepo was really helpful and gave us loads of his expert advice on where and at what times to visit attractions. He also recommended a really nice, but also reasonable pizzeria that was just down the road. Although you are about 15-20 mins from the old town the number 6 bus stops off almost outside the apartments and runs every 10 mins until 2.00am. Room was clean and spacious. The supermarket is 5 mins away and helped us keep costs down by purchasing our lunch from their in store deli. It is also worth mentioning there are some really nice beaches/rocks about 10 mins walk away, where you can jump in the crystal clear Croatian waters. All in all a brilliant host and lovely clean accommodation, would recommend to everyone and would stay again in a flash!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Berkshirebo

Reviewed 19 August 2014

This guesthouse is run by family members, who are very kind. The manager, Steve (in English) is very responsible and kind. I was very nervouse when I had to go to the airport in the early morning, however, Steve checked the bus timetable ( which is not fixed,becasuse the buses run according to flight schedule!) and he drove me to the bus station just in good time. All other family members are also nice and took care of me.I travelled just by myself,but I felt cosy and safe. One noice is that the bus #7 from the bus station runs only once in an hour and the guesthouse building is shown "Villa Era" not " Anna Guesthouse" . I strongly recommend this guesthouse to all the future travellers in Dubrovnik.

Room Tip: All the rooms are well maintained.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
8  Thank TravellerK455
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I stayed in Dubrovnik for one week and enjoyed every bit of my stay at Anna Guesthouse. Compared to a 5 star hotel yes it is basic but as a guesthouse everything was great. The room I stayed in was clean, spacious and overall well equipped.

Stjepo (the owner) was very helpful and offered a pickup service from the bus station (direct bus from airport) so getting here was very easy.

The guesthouse is a 5 minutes walk from the promenade either taking the short route up a long flight of stairs of the slightly longer route with our stairs (but still with a fairly impressive hill). So I wouldn't recommend staying here if you aren't comfortable walking uphill.

Overall great value for your money!

Room Tip: I think I stayed in the building next to the actual guesthouse which was very new, so maybe ask for...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank Hannu S
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Stjepo ("Stevie") was very communicative and offered to pick us up at the bus station. He was very talkative with lots of information. Great location and excellent option in Lapad (cheaper than staying by Pile Gate or in Old Town). Clean with small kitchenette. Great outdoor patio and sitting area. Quiet and just up the hill from the main promenade in Lapad. It was a bit expensive for what it was, but that could be due to the fact that Dubrovnick is quite touristy and popular.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Aron M
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I stayed at Anna Guesthouse for a week. I have to say the place is really cheap w.r.t its position, especially considering the prices of some of the hotels in the neighbourhood... The room was clean and tidy, even featuring a small fridge; the air conditioning was a real life-saver given the heat :-)
The little porch outside is nice and offers a good place to rest during the hot afternoons.
The owner is a great guy, very talkative and always eager to share his knowledge of the city with his guests! The place is at a short walking distance from a few very nice and secluded beaches, and the near bus stop offers an easy way to reach the historical area. I would absolutely recommend this place to anyone looking for a cheap stay in Dubrovnik!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Erika D
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

When we arrive Stevie (Stjepo) met us at the bus station as pre arranged. From beginning right to the end of our holiday Stevie was more then helpful, welcoming and just one of the nicest people we have stayed with. He showed us to our room which was clean and comfy. Our room came with a fridge, microwave and hob cookers and the bathroom had recently been redecorated! Our room opened on to a beautiful garden terrace which Stevie's mum maintained ( it's a real family business and very homely) and was really lovely! The next day Stevie told us about various activities we could do and gave us some local knowledge information about buying tickets at bus stations ( as they're cheaper then on the bus) and where the local supermarket was! He has lived in Croatia most of his life and knows the place well! The guesthouse was certainly value for money and really made our holiday enjoyable and we felt very safe! Stevie was really friendly and funny to chat too! Two thumbs up, fully recommend this place to couples, families, students and solo travellers! ;)

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Selenagold
Reviewed 12 September 2013

The Guesthouse/Villa Era was situated comfortly within 3 min to the bus stop, 5 min from the promenade, 10 min from the beach and supermarket, so easy access everywhere. Room & bathroom with tub were clean, air-conditioning and TV worked, as well as Wi-Fi. The balcony had views to the sea, and mountains. It was just perfect sitting there with a glass of wine watching the cruise ships come and go. Our host Stepjo was most helpful, and left nothing more to be desired. Me and my husband thoroughly enjoyed our 10 days here, and can recommend it to everyone!

Room Tip: A room to the south gives you the afternoon sun, which is nice if you enjoy lying on the hot balcony...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple