Valamar Lacroma Dubrovnik
Neptun Hotel(Dubrovnik)
Royal Blue Hotel(Dubrovnik)
Hotel More(Dubrovnik)
1,969 results
All reviewssister hotelgate tourthe busold citysea viewpresident hotelbreakfast and dinnerpresident beachoutdoor poolmodern hotelbabin kukvalamar grouplobby barexcellent hoteltour grouphalf boardbuffet restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 April 2010

We spent five nights at the Valamar Lacroma Resort in April 2010. Overall, a great hotel in a lovely location. I would recommend the hotel without a hesitation.

The hotel is relatively newly built and located on the Babin Kuk peninsula outside of town. You can easily reach the old town by car or better by public bus (bus stop located in front of hotel, bus ride of 15m to the old town). If you are looking for party life, this part of town is not for you as it seems quite calm. The area is nice and green and you are easily at the seafront for pleasant walks.

The hotel is modern and quite stylish. The materials used look solid and the fresh flowers everywhere add to the nice overall feel. The hotel oozes calm and understated elegance (it's not quite there with the top design hotels of the world, but it's a good effort). Nice local wild plants around the hotel and the flat roof.

Service at all levels was very friendly and efficient. Quick check in/check out. No fuss about us needing two baby cots. Staff at main restaurant and bar friendly.

We had a junior suite which was great. Spacious rooms on two levels (careful with the toddler-unfriendly spiral staircase though) with a separate bedroom, separate toilet and balcony with a great sea view. Large and comfy bed. Good bathroom with seperate shower and bathtub. Impeccable cleaning service.

We had booked half board and were not disappointed. Both the breakfast and dinner buffet was excellent. Food was fresh, tasty, well prepared and well presented. I was quite impressed as often hotel buffets can be quite bad. The only thing I would change is the morning coffee which is of the instant variety.

The spa centre looked nice but we didn't try the steambath/sauna. We tried a massage at the spa centre which was ok.

Indoor pool nice but too small for exercise swimming. The outdoor pool looked decent (it was not filled when we were there) but I guess people would prefer to go to the sea anyway when they are visiting in summer.

Nice gym with modern Techogym equipment, three treadmills, an exercycle, two elliptic trainers and weight machines. All new and well maintained equipment.

Overall an excellent choice for Dubrovnik. I was very happy and would go back without any hesitation. Also for the beauty of Dubrovnik and the coast of course!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
5  Thank Kasibru
Reviewed 29 November 2009

Great hotel, great people, great service, great country, great city :)

Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 October 2009

We arrived in Dubrovnik around midnight on Sunday last, and were brought the relatively short distance to our hotel, the Valamar Lacroma resort in Babin Kuk. First impressions are very important to me, and this one was very very good. Very cheerful greeting from the night porter and checked in quietly and efficiently. We received a complimentary upgrade to our room, and slept in the biggest, most comfortable bed I have ever slept in that night.

The folowing morning the views that we woke to can only be described as breathtaking. Sea view, overlooking the mountains and out on to the spacious outdoor pool area. Buffet breakfast was sumptuous, and an excellent variety of fod was readily available, as was the freshly made orange juice which was to die for.

Room service is efficient, and the cleaning staff very thorough. I cant say I've ever stayed in a cleaner hotel. Fine Dining at Langusto restaurant is simply divine. We ate out at Nautika, what is supposedly the best fish restaurant in Dubrovnik a night or so previously and felt very disappointed. This meal in Langusto was half the price, but 20 times better value. I had fresh ravioli starter and lamb main, followed by chocolate mousse. My partner had a medley of fish that was fresh, plentiful and oh so easy on the palate. We ate like Kings in Langusto.

The outdoor pool is lovely, if icy cold initially, but it is October!! Night time entertainment is varied and most enjoyable, and the spa and indoor pool is excellent also.

The reception staff are excellent. Always smiling, very helpful and very personable. The lovely Franka is a true delight, and she was without doubt the best hotel receptionist I have encountered in over 20 years of travelling.

All in all, I am sorry I can only give this hotel 10 out of 10. It deserves more.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank LimerickRugbyMad
Reviewed 30 September 2009

First impression from the outside approaching by car was that it looked like an cheap housing eastern block. Walking into the foyer however it is wonderfully chic, bright and spacious. The staff at reception are so helpful. Nothing was too much trouble for them. The room was very modern, new and comfortable with all the amenities including free wifi.
We had a sea view and it was a real pleasure to spend time there. My partner was there for a conference, The hotel 'pulled out all the stops' to ensure the conference went smoothly. It really is an excellent venue for a conference. But it is also lovely for a holiday, and we will definately return on our own for a week. .

The gardens/landscaping at the back of the hotel is fabulously modern, asymetrical and spacious with sea views all around. There are 2 good sized swimming pools, one inside, and one outside with a spacious sun bathing deck.

The spa is marvelous, with plush facilities. I had a massage which was one of the best massages I can remember having, and I have had a few.

The food was very nice. the breakfast buffet was the most extensive breakfast buffet I have ever seen. excellent standards of hygiene, with very fresh food.

I can't fault the place, and I would r4ecommend it for holidays for couples, and also as a conference venue.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 September 2009

Enjoyable Stay

We stayed in this hotel for a week. The hotel is brand new, very clean and spacious. Our room was nice too although we had no view. We asked to upgrade to a sea view room but none were available. Cleaning staff were very friendly and cleaned the room/bathroom every day.
The pool area is extremely clean with a beautiful view and plenty of sunchairs. The menu is not too impressive though.
Breakfast is very good with a wide variety of things to choose from. Dinner in the fine dining restaurant is also very good.
Highly impressed with the reception staff especially Franka. All were extremely helpful and friendly (except for one!!)
To get to the old town you need to walk to entrance of the hotel to get the number 6 bus. It costs roughly €1.30/10 kuna for bus. You can get tickets in the old town where the bus leaves you off.it takes roughly 10-15 mins on the bus. Taxi’s cost roughly €8-€10.
Restaurant wise we would highly recommend Proto in the old town especially if you like seafood. Nautica was good too.
If you enjoy snorkelling you should get the ferry to Lockrum. You have to rock bathe but you can climb down the ladder into lovely clear blue sea.
We also did a boat trip to the 3 island sipan etc which was really enjoyable and lovely to see the different places.
Great city with plenty to do . we shall be returning!
Over all I liked the hotel but felt it mostly catered for business then pleasure.
Ps the hotel does the nicest mojito I have ever tasted..

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple