Apartments Mia
Hotel Komodor(Dubrovnik)
US$124
HotelsClick
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspile gategreat locationminute walktwo nightsold townone nighttwo bedroom apartmentgame of thronesstairs to climbthe busa great stayour honeymoonwalled citydinohostaccommodation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 August 2012 via mobile

My three friends and i stayed here summer of 2010. We booked for three nights to begin with. We were very happy with our apartment. Dino had organised a guy to drive us from the airport and then he met us. The little beach beside his house is brilliant as all local people and not packed.
We went island hopping then and asked dino could he put us up when we were returning the two nights before our flight. His apartments were full but he said we could stay upstairs. He gave us a big room and introduced us to his family and told us we could use his fridge if we would like.
I would stay here again and would tell other people to stay as well

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Niamh N
Reviewed 29 July 2012

My husband and I stayed at Apartments Mia for 11 nights. The apartments were very clean, the location was great, so close to Pile gates, beach, shops, cafes etc. Dino and his mother were very friendly welcoming and hospitable, highly recommended, was a great place to stay!

2  Thank Kristina P
Reviewed 30 June 2012

My wife and I spent 3 days/nights in the Apartments Mia. It was a good deal cheaper than most of the hotels in the area but still very close to the old town (about a 7 minutes walk to Pile
Gate). Here is my list of pros and cons:

Pros: very reasonable price, close proximity to the old town as well as to a great restaurant (Orhan) about 2 minute from the apartments, close proximity to two main bus lines, close proximity to some mini-marts in case you want to buy water or beer, my apartment came with a fridge and some cooking facilities, and the AC was very good. The apartment came with lots of towels and the manager, Dino, said he would be happy to bring more if we needed them. Another very big plus is that Dino has some very good suggestions for places to eat in the old town and just outside the old town. I think we ate at all the places he recommended plus a few he didn't recommend. His recommended places were by far the better restaurants. Among his recommendations were the nearby Orhan (for fish), Mea Culpa (for pizza -- yeah, why eat pizza in Dubrovnik, but do check this out), and a fish place near the aquarium (I forgot its name). By the way, if you choose to eat at Mea Culpa, beware the competition across the alley from Mea Culpa -- the competing restaurant has some staff stationed at the entrance to Mea Culpa and when you approach them, thinking that they are going to seat you at Mea Culpa, they will take you to a table at their pizzeria across the alley way. Don't be fooled -- go to Mea Culpa and accept no substitutes.

Cons: Must pay for the apartment in case (this is not really such a big deal, but I prefer to travel with as little cash as possible), our room had a lingering smell of cigarette smoke. It wasn't overpowering, but if you're sensitive to cigarette smoke you might want to contact Dino first and see if he has a room that's truly non-smoking (i.e., have never been smoked in).

3  Thank bigal22okla
Reviewed 21 June 2012

I booked the two-bedroom apartment for two couples traveling together. We arrived in Dubrovnik and Dino met us at the taxi station. He walked us over to the apartment and got us settled. The apartment was a little small for four adults, but not overly so. Right after we checked in, one of our party took a shower and we discovered that the shower leaked into the apartment. Dino came right over to take a look at it, and that night, he moved us to a different apartment so that he could work on ours. We stayed in the other one (which was newer, nicer, bigger, etc.) for our trip.

As other reviewers have said, the location is convenient! The quarters are a little cramped, but truthfully, how much time do you spend in the apartment? As little as possible - you should be out exploring Dubrovnik, which Dino helps you with. He's got a bunch of restaurant and attraction recommendations. We found that every one of his food recommendations were terrific, and when we deviated from his list, we were disappointed. Also, Dino will tell you about a little beach 30 seconds away - DO NOT MISS IT! It was one of the highlights of our stay in Dubrovnik.

4  Thank Vincent O
Reviewed 6 June 2012

Dino made my trip to dubrovnik amazing! the apartment was so close to the old town, literally a 3 minute walk to the town entrance and 30 second walk from the water and private-ish beach. I would absolutely go back! apartment was clean, well kept and just overall provided a wonderful experience as part of my trip!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple