“Amazing”

Apartments Mia
New York City, New York
“Amazing”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I live in New York and decided to travel to Croatia. My friend advised me the stay in Apartment Mia. I listened to him and went and I am so grateful I did so. I had beautiful room and mesmerizing view. Amazing hosts, who were always there to help. Thanks god I did not rent a room in the old town, I mean, within the walls. There is so much noise there, and so much people and its hot. As for Mia, it was just 2 minutes away from the walls, calm, beautiful , peaceful . I am so lucky I had chance to stay in apartment Mia. Can't wait for my next vacation in Dubrovnik. Of course, I will again stay in apartment Mia.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank AnnaAsatiani

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Polish first
Lillestrom, Norway
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We thought we would get an apartment, like we booked through hotels.com, but when we got there, we ended up with a bedroom in the same hallway as the owner. Our bathroom wasn't inside our room, but in the hallway as well... So we felt like we were sleeping over in some strangers house. We could also not pay the room with credit card, and he wanted the money in Euro...
I think it was way to expensive for 120 euro pr night. The wifi did not work in our room, only outside the owners bedroom door, didn't feel to comfortable to hang around there... I also read some other reviews from 2011, and seems like the internet was the same 3 years ago too.
But - the location couldn't be more perfect. Nice walking distance to the old town. But please - don't expect too much.

Room Tip: Don't have high expectations.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LanttuS
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed with sister for a night. Actually our plan was to stay 2 nights in dubrovnik, and went to another guest house( named family glavinic). However it was like 4-50 minutes walk to old town so we decided to move, and luckily, we`ve got apartment mia.
It had full facilities of kitchen, big bathroom and 2 beds( one single bad, one double bad). We relaxed really well, and also fully enjoyed.
It was just 2 minutes walk from Pile gate, 10 minutes walk from Banje beach. Every thing was fine. I really liked it and highly recommend.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 선정김2014
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed in Apartments Mia with a friend. We had a double room with a wonderful view overlooking Fort Lovrijenac. The location is excellent, just a couple of minutes' walk from the Pile Gate and the Old Town. The host Dino is very nice and helpful. The double room was fine although it did not have a TV. Wi-fi was good. And there is a small pebble beach just around the corner. Overall an excellent experience.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Timo H
Spicewood, Texas
Reviewed 11 July 2014

My husband, son (14), and I stayed at Apartments Mia for two nights. The location was absolutely perfect for walking to the Pile Gate. Our stay was fantastic and Dino our host gave us wonderful suggestions for meals and activities. It is right next to the castle and park. It definitely exceeded our expectations. We had a fabulous time and would highly recommend staying at Apartments Mia.

1 Thank Brandi Y
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Very cute apartment. The decoration inside was very nice and the apartment was very clean. The location was ideal, you could see the tourists walking around the Old City's walls and it was a 5 minute walk from the main gate. It's nice to have a kitchen to save on costs. We had 4 people and have a very comfortable stay in this place for 6 nights.

As with a lot of places in Europe, it was up some narrow stairs which were a little difficult to find. Once we did though and got out luggage up to the top, we were great. VERY COMFORTABLE.

Also, Dino, the owner, was also very helpful and gave us some ideas on what to do, when to do it and where to eat.

Room Tip: Be prepared to carry your luggage up ~ 3 flights of stairs
1 Thank Danica V
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My wife, kid and I stayed for four nights. We had a triple room initially, then moved to a five bedder apartment (complete with kitchen and washing machine), due to a small malfunction in the first unit. Dino, the gracious host, offered the change, on his own accord and we were thankful for this blessing. At our arrival, Dino enthusiatically provided recommendations on eats and sights in the Old Town. His place is mere five minutes walk to Pile Gate, one of a few that opens into the Old Town; and two minute walk/climb to Fort Lovrijenac where a few scenes of Game of Thrones were filmed (bird's eye views of town were splendid). The rooms are basic with a homely feel; just that one needs to overcome a few flights of stairs to reach (we had the help of Dino's friend, 2+ metre Andro, who picked us from the airport; 30 mins drive for EUR20. We also hired Andro and team, Cheap Dubrovnik Tours, for day trips to Kotor and Mostar). Dino's mum sent us a plate of delicious, self baked apple pie on the third night. A perfect start to our vacation in Croatia, thanks to Dino and family.

1 Thank HoeEW