“Ideal Location and Nice Welcome”
Review of B&B Sesame Inn

B&B Sesame Inn
Ranked #33 of 179 Dubrovnik B&B and Inns
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Ideal Location and Nice Welcome”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I had one night in Dubrovnik so wanted to choose a convenient hotel. Sesame was just a short walk from the Pile gate which made it easy for late night and early morning explorations of the walled city. The hotel was basic and the art around the room was local and interesting. I found the room comfortable enough and very spacious.

The highlight of my stay was me welcoming. I arrived late from Zagreb and was met by the owner at the Sesame cafe just outside of the inn. The friendly greeting, quick tour, and warm reception even when I arrived so late left a great impression on me and showed that Sesame staff cared about their guests.

Overall a great and welcoming stay in a perfect location.

Room Tip: Only one room has a detached bathroom -- I had that room, and it wasn't too bad.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank AdamERWhite

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Korean first
Portland. Oregon
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I stayed one night. The location is obviously what sold me. I stayed by myself in a room that had 2 twin beds. It was a rather sparse room; the beds were a bit narrow, with thin wool blankets. The floor was a bare wood floor with a small bedside rug. I was cold when I woke up.The bathroom, though not shared with any other room, was down the hall. It had a walk-in shower with only a hand held shower which made washing my hair a bit difficult as there was no hook to hang the shower head from.
All in all, it covered the basics but not more, except for the location. To me more like a hostel than a hotel. I thought that 75 euros without breakfast was a bit steep, but maybe I am not used to Dubrovnik prices. The room and bathroom were clean. Coffee was great, so was the muesli with yogurt.

Room Tip: Get a room with en suite bathroom!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank vamanos
Vancouver
Reviewed 27 September 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Sesame for the 2nd time on a recent trip to Croatia, and are very impressed with the warm hospitality, comfortable room and delicious food in the restaurant. The location just a minutes walk from Pile Gate is unbeatable. While the property is on a relatively busy street, the room was quiet and faced on a garden with orange trees. The staff are very helpful, and eating breakfast outdoors every morning a very pleasant touch. When we needed an extra night of accomodation on our return from Mjlet and no reoom was available at Sesame, the very helpful owner MIsko found a very pleasant apartment just across the street

Room Tip: A clear view of the garden is a plus
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

Dubrovnik's Old City is a must for anyone travelling to Europe, but it is difficult to wheel luggage around and find your room. This is why Sesame Inn is perfect. You can literally get a taxi to your front door and look down the street to see the main entry to the Old Town. Saves you alot of walking and wheeling luggage around.

The service is excellent, I felt at home and loved the space we were in.

Rooms are veryyyy spacious. They are basic and it is a shared bathroom but it was great and I would stay there again and again.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank JewelsD14
Saigon
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We stayed there 3 nights at the beginning of July. Location is perfect. Our experience was very good there because of the location and because of the magic of Dubrovnik.
But I just want future customers to be careful with the room # 2.
When the owner says by email the double bed of room #2 is QUEEN SIZE bed, that's not right at all. What they call a queen bed in that room is just 140cm large. Which is obviously not enough to make 2 normal people sleep together in confortable position. We had pretty bad nights there my husband and me...
So just ask the precise size of the bed before booking not to be disappointed.

Room Tip: don't choose the room #2 unless you 're a single person !
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Tulsie
Quin, Ireland
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Well located only about 500m from the Pile gate to the Old Town. It was excellent to be able to wander into the old town, on a whim. This allowed us to avoid the crowds, heading home when too busy, but returning when the crowds died down.

Owner and staff, though polite, were unhelpful, without any offer of help for my pregnant wife - a 1st throughout the Balkans. Disappointing!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank John D
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 18 August 2013

It's true that the inn is located close to one of the gates of the old town, the rooms are decent and quiet, and the price is good for Dubrovnik hotel standards. However, my experience was that this place severely lacks customer service. I was there twice for several days at a time and consistently I found the staff to be untrained. Examples include a complete disinterest in offering to help carry my bags to the back building where the rooms are; no recommendations about what to see and do; breakfast never available at the designated time; the cleaning maid unlocking my door and barging into my room without knocking nor apologizing while I was sleeping in the morning; and the host maintaining an opinionated and argumentative stance with me, the customer, over trivial matters. If customer service is important to you, I don't recommend this place.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo