“Great setting and superb service”

Restaurant Dubrovnik
Ranked #6 of 407 Restaurants in Dubrovnik
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Croatian
Good for: Business meetings, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Restaurant Dubrovnik is constantly proving its reputation as being amongst Dubrovnik's top class restaurants, serving a consistently good quality food with a distinctly modern Dalmatian twist. Situated literally minutes from the main street Stradun and just a stone throw from the popular Green market, featuring the most recognizable terrace in the Old Town, this delightful place is set in one of those secluded corners of the town's enchanting little streets, providing the guests with just an ideal level of privacy whilst still keeping the feeling of belonging to the old urban centre. Together with exquisite service, its elegance and inspiring ambience encourages return visits since it has been reopened in 2006.
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Very atmospheric setting on a second floor terrace looking out at historic walls surrounding it. Not too large and very nicely, comfortably furnished with personal attention from the owner. The best service we experienced in Dubrovnik with the right balance of friendly, attentive and professional. Good food prepared to a high standard although the Croation specialities can be a bit over rich in flavour. This place feels like they really know what they are doing from wine recommendation to food and service. Well worth a visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,745)

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Having read other reviews on Trip Advisor we decided to book a table earlier in the day, and was immediately impressed by the professionalism and friendliness of the host. Unlike most other restaurants in Dubrovnik, the Restaurant Dubrovnik is on a rooftop terrace, and first impressions were that this is a more classy restaurant than most street cafes in the old city.

The waiter was attentive and knowledgeable, and the food throughout was very good.

Overall a very pleasant evening.

1  Thank Cofi
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Really great atmosphere on the terrace, good decor, amazing service, and the food was spectacular. Had the shrimp appetizer, monk fish and seafood stew, and everything was delicious! One thing however is my Bellini could have a little less peach and more bubbly but that's my only comment.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Best meal in two weeks of being in Dubrovnik!

We stopped by early in the hope of getting a table, having somehow overlooked the reviews and then discovering this gem too late in our holiday! Fortunately we were early enough (18:00) to get a table, though all were reserved from 19:30 onwards.

Our table waiter (Joseph) was knowledgable, attentive and very helpful. The wine list was extensive, with something for pretty much anyone's taste, whilst the menu was not excessive, which to my mind is always a sign of a great restaurant.

My wife and I rarely have more than 2 courses (firm believers in the Paul McKenna school of don't eat too fast and stop when your stomach tells you), but our starter and main were so good, that I could not resist having a desert and boy, whilst my stomach cursed me for over eating, my taste buds thought they had died and gone to heaven!

If you are in Dubrovnik for only one night, this should be where you come to eat, if you are there for more, I guarantee you will come back for more than one meal!

1  Thank Antony R
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We really wanted to eat here due to reading great reviews but it was very busy when we arrived and we hadn't made a reservation. The host was really helpful and asked us to come back in 45 minutes if it suited us. We did and got a table in a great location on their beautiful rooftop terrace. I had the baby beef to start and my bf had the scallops. I then had the fish stew and my bf had the tuna steak. We shared a cinammon and fig pudding for dessert. All the food was beautifully presented and tasted delicious. The host thanked us for returning and was very attentive with all the customers. Our waiter was also wonderful. Don't miss out on this place!

1  Thank LouiseTHEdest0ya