“Exhilarating Huck Finn Adventure Tour”

Huck Finn Adventure Travel
and up
Adventure Sailing 3-Night Trip from Dubrovnik
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Huck Finn is the leading Croatian adventure travel outfitter and operator. We pioneered rafting, canoeing, sea kayaking, biking and adventure sailing tours and excursions in the country in the past two decades and have reached the highest level of quality and professionalism in service. Huck Finn operates 20 different one-day excursions and cooperates with other tour operators by providing all-inclusive custom made trips or just gear, logistics, guides etc. Nobody knows Croatia better or cares more about the environment, sustainable operations and benefit to local residents. Therefore Huck Finn will provide excellent service and value for your travel in Croatia. The photos will show you some of those wonderful but hidden places in Croatia, as well as illustrate the passion and commitment to outdoors.
Reviewed 12 May 2014

My sister and I signed up in late March for a 2-6 May adventure tour from Huck Finn to Dubrovnik and the surround areas in Croatia for her first visit to Europe. Huck Finn representative Nika D. coordinated all trip details with me and answered many of our "first time to Croatia and we don't know what to expect" questions. Nika worked tirelessly throughout the past two months on tour arrangements to include stays at the agency's Old Town guesthouse in Dubrovnik before and after the guided tour dates, and sent us a detailed itinerary the weekend before our in-country arrival with a list of recommended items to pack. My sister and I turned the recommendations into a shopping list for things we did not currently own such as Camelbak hydration backpacks and reef/water shoes. The 3L model Camelbaks were lifesavers in so many ways on the daily adventure activities such as hiking and biking when water was not easily accessible. Even when holding 3L of water, the backpack expanded large enough to hold many things such as a separate camera for those breathtaking snapshots of each island-sea view, and a lightweight, water resistant jacket for those occasional island showers. Also, vitally important to bring were a pair sunglasses, a hat or ball cap, breathable clothing that you can layer and comfortable athletic shoes for all of the outdoor activities during the tour.

Our tour guide Nicolina B. kept the tour atmosphere light and energizing, and shared with us a bit of the regional history at each location. Our time on the catamaran for the sailing component was simply exhilarating and it was obvious to all aboard the yacht that our skipper Mare I. possesses expert sailing skills. Besides being truly impressed with her ship handling, I can honestly say if I am on another catamaran or sailboat in my future (which I foresee), I will judge all other sailing trips based on this experience. All in all, this first trip to Croatia completely exceeded my expectations.

Simply put, Huck Finn and its outstanding staff greatly contributed to making us feel welcomed as first-time guests to Dubrovnik. I look forward to future visits through Huck Finn to the Dalmatian Coast and other Adriatic islands in the surround area.

3  Thank SeaPhoenix76

Reviewed 7 May 2014

My wife and I just spent 3 days in Dubrovnik. We worked with Huck Finn for a couple of days. One day hiking in Lopud, the other cycling in Sipan. We would fully recommend Huck Finn as a company to work with on such tours. Ivana does a terrific job with all the bookings and logistics. Our guide Goran was also terrific. Good sense of humour and we felt totally at ease as we wandered around both these beautiful islands with him. Jon and Loraine Mann

2  Thank Nojnnam
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I had intended to post this review last year but forgot although better late than never. We spent half a day sea kayaking on Zaton Bay while visiting Dubrovnik for the day on a cruise ship. The kayaks were sturdy and comfortable and the scenery was just magical. We stopped to swim at various beaches and jumped from a rope in a small cove. Our guide was terrific and her commentary as we kayaked around the bay was informative. Highly recommended.

2  Thank Wisewoman0910
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I booked a 7 day trip via Groupon with Huck Finn last year before I started using Trip Advisor and I just wanted to say I had a great time. Well organised and everyone was friendly...GO FOR IT, great value for money and loads to do and see, something for everyone.

6  Thank Hella C
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Myself and 5 friends had the fortune of booking with Huck Finn, and it was honestly one of the best experiences of my life. The staff were incredibly accommodating to our needs and worked hard to provide a great experience. We felt comfortable knowing we were in reliable hands, and we're hoping to go again this year.
My favourite part was journeying on their boat and having dolphins swim alongside us. truly magical.