“Good food. Excellent service.”
Review of Restaurant Posat

Restaurant Posat
Ranked #72 of 373 Restaurants in Dubrovnik
Cuisines: Seafood, Mediterranean, European, Croatian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, View
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Calgary, Canada
“Good food. Excellent service.”
Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

Our hotel recommended this restaurant and it was very good. Just outside the pile gate. The food was very good, with a lovely view. We had calamari for an appetizer and grilled fish for our main. The waiter was the best we've ever had and we have travelled all over the world and have eaten at some of the best restaurants. A very good experience.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Dana W

• Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
“Outrageous prices”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

This is the place that our hotel like many others recommends for dinner in Dubrovnik. It's right outside of the city walls with good views. The staff was warm and friendly.

The food was fine, nothing special. The prices made me feel like I was in Switzerland or Stockholm. They come out with a nice selection of fish and only quote prices by the Kilo. We had the cuttlefish ink pasta to start which was average followed by a whole fish that we shared paired with a local white wine. They ended up charging me over 500 Kuna (nearly 100 USD) for the fish.

There is really just no reason to go to this tourist trap.

Kelowna
“Rude and arrogant”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We had just arrived in Dubrovnik and did not realize Old Town was full of restaurants

We were hungry so tried this place as it was away from the main gate to Old Town and quieter

We took a look at the sandwich board in front of the main door and decided to try it

A gentleman was standing in the door so we said for two - he started walking up the stairs and said to me - Do you have a reservation? I said no do we need one? He said I'm sure I can find a spot

Well there was two other tables being used out of maybe 15!

He showed us to a table
I asked if we could have the one overlooking the street - he said if you come back tomorrow for dinner I will give you that table!

Fine we sat down -gave us menus - we ordered two beers
Looked over the menu - some very expensive items just for lunch

He also showed us his tray of what fish were being served that day.

He came back - I could not decide on what I wanted - reminded him that we had ordered two beer - he relatively said once you place your food order we will get you your beer!

Well we ate - but will not go back to this restaurant

I found him to be rude and arrogant

Welcome to Dubrovnik I said to myself

“Great food and service”
Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

We had a very delicious dinner with first class seafood with tigerprawns and some other nice from the sea. The service was excellent and the view over the city wall was a great backdrop.

3 Thank Staffan L
Cambridge
“Too expensive for quality”
Reviewed 4 October 2013

We had dinner at Posat on a warm October evening outside--all very nice. However, I would not recommend the restaurant. We had a pasta dish which claimed to have truffle, but no truffle taste was there. We also had fresh fish, bream and snapper. The fish was overcooked and dry. The price was about $50 per person for the fish alone. Not worth it. We had much better fish at other restaurants in Croatia and the price was not as high.