“Delicious fresh food”
Review of Restaurant Posat

Restaurant Posat
Ranked #75 of 380 Restaurants in Dubrovnik
Cuisines: Croatian
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
San Francisco, California
“Delicious fresh food”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

This was the 1st place we stopped at to eat upon arriving in Dubrovnik, based on our driver's recommendation.

It did not disappoint.

You are sitting across from the city walls and can see all the people coming and going below you, without being too close.

Our server Danyel was very friendly and polite.

We had the catch of the day, fresh grilled sea bass and it was delicious.
We also had a nice Caprese salad, a nice fresh glass of local rose. Yumm!

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Anita L

• Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Calgary, Canada
“Good food. Excellent service.”
Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

Our hotel recommended this restaurant and it was very good. Just outside the pile gate. The food was very good, with a lovely view. We had calamari for an appetizer and grilled fish for our main. The waiter was the best we've ever had and we have travelled all over the world and have eaten at some of the best restaurants. A very good experience.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Dana W
New York City, New York
“Outrageous prices”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

This is the place that our hotel like many others recommends for dinner in Dubrovnik. It's right outside of the city walls with good views. The staff was warm and friendly.

The food was fine, nothing special. The prices made me feel like I was in Switzerland or Stockholm. They come out with a nice selection of fish and only quote prices by the Kilo. We had the cuttlefish ink pasta to start which was average followed by a whole fish that we shared paired with a local white wine. They ended up charging me over 500 Kuna (nearly 100 USD) for the fish.

There is really just no reason to go to this tourist trap.

• Visited October 2013
Kelowna
“Rude and arrogant”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We had just arrived in Dubrovnik and did not realize Old Town was full of restaurants

We were hungry so tried this place as it was away from the main gate to Old Town and quieter

We took a look at the sandwich board in front of the main door and decided to try it

A gentleman was standing in the door so we said for two - he started walking up the stairs and said to me - Do you have a reservation? I said no do we need one? He said I'm sure I can find a spot

Well there was two other tables being used out of maybe 15!

He showed us to a table
I asked if we could have the one overlooking the street - he said if you come back tomorrow for dinner I will give you that table!

Fine we sat down -gave us menus - we ordered two beers
Looked over the menu - some very expensive items just for lunch

He also showed us his tray of what fish were being served that day.

He came back - I could not decide on what I wanted - reminded him that we had ordered two beer - he relatively said once you place your food order we will get you your beer!

Well we ate - but will not go back to this restaurant

I found him to be rude and arrogant

Welcome to Dubrovnik I said to myself

• Visited October 2013
“Great food and service”
Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

We had a very delicious dinner with first class seafood with tigerprawns and some other nice from the sea. The service was excellent and the view over the city wall was a great backdrop.

4 Thank Staffan L