“Lovely meal in pleasant surroundings”
Review of Cafe Royal

Cafe Royal
Ranked #278 of 406 Restaurants in Dubrovnik
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Had a really nice tuna dish here.The food was good and the service excellent.I would recommend this restaurant highly.

1  Thank YorkshireAdventurer1

Reviewed 10 June 2014

First night in Dubrovnik, decided to treat ourselves. Great location in old town but food was extremely poor! Mussel dish with wine and garlic . Could not taste any flavour apart from what tasted like instant stock, the mussels were hard and dry. The portion was extremely small for a main meal also. Shocking!
I had heard that some of the restaurants rely on their location rather than a high culinary standard , this was certainly the case with Cafe Royal Dubrovnik.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

My wife and I were refused service at this restaurant because we were looking to have only desert and drinks outside. It was 20:30 on June 2nd and the restaurant was busy but they had extra tables that they were willing to set up for us before they found out that we were not looking for full dinner. While the man outside started setting up the table for us the young lady told us that we can have the desert inside but not outside at which point we walked away...
My suggestion to the management of this restaurant is to train their employees in customer service. A paying customer is a paying customer and any time you have a chance to provide service to a customer that is what you should do. Positive experience results in positive reviews and returning business. We however, will not be returning customers nor a positive review...
Oh, and by the way, do not assume a foreigner does not speak your language, while I lived in the US most of my life I am a Croatian and I speak the language fluently.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I ordered a main pasta dish. It arrived and was the size of a normal started dish. For the equivalent of £12 this was a huge rip off. Don't eat here.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I visited the cafe for lunch while in the city. The location is great and as the day was sunny we had an excellent lunch - great food - friendly staff - some of which had more Irish than myself. it was great to sit in the sun and watch the world go by while enjoying a bottle of their great houes wine.(well priced)

1  Thank griff888