“Best food in the old city”
Review of Konoba Ribar

Konoba Ribar
Ranked #99 of 416 Restaurants in Dubrovnik
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Seafood, Croatian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Rainy, ugly day. We were crazy looking for a good place to eat but every dish we saw in the other restaurants did not inspire us. Then I saw, 4 1/2 stars from trip advisor. That was it. Reality is that they deserve 5 stars. Service was great, food wonderful at the right price. I really recommend it.

nikica1966, Manager at Konoba Ribar, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Really good seafood, friendly service and good value for money. We had mussels, scampi and a Greek salad - everything was very tasty and I'd definitely go back again.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

Came across this tiny restaurant just by the port- the other side of the wall.
Lovely seafood. The prawns were huge. Gentle service and lovely house wine topped off a lovely lunch.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

After fine walk in old city, we found this restaurant in small street near old port. We choose it with no doubt since there were available tables outside in nice ambient, and I recognized certification of excellence from TripAdvisor.
It was fine, service, food, but I will definitely not rate it with excellent, just good.
I liked risotto with shrimps very much because it was made without cream (I do not like and I do not know why cooks stuffed cream in every risotto, so thank you chef in Ribar restaurant!).
In all, it was fine and pleasant restaurant but more expensive than it should be.

1  Thank Marina30_80
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I arrived in Dubrovnik in the evening well after the sun had gone down. (This was in mid-November, well after tourist season.) After I got settled into my rental flat I headed out for dinner to Ribar based on the recommendation of my host.

Dining outside, I had an absolutely delicious meal of fresh, local fish; and an even better chat with the woman managing the restaurant that night. She took the time to answer my questions about the old town, it's history and local customs. Specifically, I was curious about cuisine and culinary traditions. From down the alley came the harmonized, a cappella voices of local fisherman singing outside their club.

What a night!

If you go to Dubrovnik you'll find that most of the restaurants serve pretty much the same fare (either pasta/pizza or seafood). It's takes that "something special" to make a place stand out and to give you a memorable experience. Ribar did this for me.

Cheers,