“Enjoyable tour in Dubrovnik”
Review of Metro Tours

Metro Tours
Ranked #105 of 162 Tours in Dubrovnik
Reviewed 26 August 2012

My wife and I arranged private tour with Metro tours during our visit to Dubrovnik whilst on a cruise on board the Oceania Riveria. Romeo Matic met us at the port when we disembarked in his BMW and took us on a private tour in accordance with our requirements. Romeo's knowledge & expert commentary was invaluable and we thoroughly enjoyed the various sites and history of the city. Romeo's friendly and relaxed manner made the tour all the more memorable and enjoyable.
After the tour concluded we were dropped off near the Old Town to explore the fortified old town on our owm. To my horror, I discovered that I had left our passports and documents on th rear seat in Romeo's car when he drove off. Considering we were on a cruise and restricted with the time we were in port, I was anxious to have our passports returned. With assistance from the Tourist Information office near th entrance to the Old Town, the tour company were able to contact Romeo who was kind enough to return to the old city and hand back our passports. A gesture greatly appreciated in trying circumstances.
We would have no hesitation in recommemding Metro Tours and particularly Romeo as a very hospitable, friendly and professional tour operator

4  Thank Creety
in 14 reviews
in 6 reviews
in 2 reviews

Reviewed 18 June 2012

We pre-booked a day trip with Metro Tours (see their web site) having found from the owner, Romeo Matic that for the four of us it would be much more convenient and the same price to hire an MPV plus driver/guide, than go on a coach. And we were able to fix our own itinerary, with Romeo's guidance. We went on a Sunday, because as he said, it would be far less crowded, and indeed that is how it turned out. Although I pre-booked by e-mail, Romeo didn't ask for a deposit: he was quite relaxed about us turning up. And he arrived early at the city gate, as promised. The whole day was ours to do as we wanted, but we took his advice, and it all worked out really well, including a really good lunch stop at the caves outside Mostar. Romeo is a man of strong opinions strongly expressed but we enjoyed his company, and he also organised an evening dinner for us in the countryside south of Dubrovnik the next evening. He even managed to trace a lost sweater and went out of his way to retrieve it and post it back to the UK.

Dr Mike Burr

2  Thank Mike B
Reviewed 28 August 2011

I don't understand why the others had such bad review of Metro tour. I was very detailed in the lead up to the tour and got Romeo (owner) to outline everything that was included within the tour by writing. He took us to all the sites as promised and the driver even gave us a little extra time at the end. The only complained I had was that he didn't really go into alot of historical details or do a bit of story telling while we were visiting the historical sites. Cavat is beautiful little seaside town...only wished we were able to spend a little bit more time there

4  Thank Little_Grasshopper1
Reviewed 12 August 2011

I arranged private tour of Dubrovnik City with Metro Tours Agency on July 20th. This is to formally express my full disappointment with our guide as we received service far less than expected:

1. The guide spent most of the time talking on the phone. This was very disrespectful and annoying.
2. The guide engaged in conversation in Croatian language more than appreciated by guests who did not speak English
3. The tour was shorter than expected (paid);
4. Many of the important historical landmarks were not shown or just briefly mentioned. Minimal historical descriptions were provided for visited landmarks.
5. The guide used unprofessional language in his conversation (favorite words: b.....d and s..t).
6. The guide finally engaged in arguing conversation with waiter in local caffé and made guests very uncomfortable.

Avoid this agency.

4  Thank AdriaticSun
See more reviews
Reviewed 30 April 2011

My husband and I along with 2 German friends booked Metro tours to take us to Mostar. The day was a pleasure from start to end. Prompt collection, favourable seat for bad traveller (me), clean vehicle, lots of local information. Romeo the owner is fluent is so many languages, so knowledgeable on all world affairs and can chat on any subject. We asked about a visit to Medjugorje and he altered the day to take us there also. We had a few hours in Mostar, with Romeo taking us to a small free exhibition about the demise of the old bridge and the war. He advised a few do's and dont's in Mostar and gave us a few hours to do our own thing. A detour back via Medjugorje, coffee and toilet stops both ways (different locations) and back in our hotel a few minutes before the given time. All in all a most excellent day and when I return in autumn, I will be booking him to take us to Montenegro. He also organised a taxi back to the airport for us next day, 40% cheaper than we paid arriving, prompt and efficient with this also.I really find it hard to understand the previous contribution, I find it most unlikely that it happened.

6  Thank irish61