“great food, dodgy service.”
Review of Restaurant Antunini - CLOSED

Restaurant Antunini
Cuisines: Croatian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I had thee best chicken breast meal here. It was well sauced an nice and tender.

At first the service was good, but when we asked for the bill and queried the 'cover charge ' the manager was abrupt and rude.

I've never been to a restaurant that charges this and she was not willing to explain.

1  Thank Sunshine0789

Reviewed 14 May 2014

After 3 days in Dubrovnik and far too many tourists trap restaurants we were so pleased to find this place. Well hidden as many have said but so worth the trip. Fantastic Croatian specialties; we had the antipasti, truffle carbonara and the 'medaglione' and the steak, and both had a dessert! The whole staff were great hosts and they have explaind to us everything in excellent English. Would definitely go here again!!!

1  Thank Bilal2323
Reviewed 20 November 2013

My wife and I had a large lunch at this restaurant during a cruise stop in Dubrovnik. The location is nice--a little off the Stradum on a relatively quiet lane, with pleasant outdoor seating. The seafood platter was quite good, but you need to enjoy squid and octopus to make it worth your while. My wife especially loved the grilled fish that was part of the platter; I thought it was was just OK. The resident cat is a very adept (and well fed) beggar (see photo)!

1  Thank GeoMan13
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We were eating there on friday and the food was poor, really poor and everything was made so wrong as possible. Lamb kotlets were disgusting. I shame myself because I did not say to new guests that go away.

1  Thank Eero P
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Unfortunately we fell for the charm of the leaflet provider and thought that we would give this restaurant a go. This was definitely against our better judgement! The food was of poor quality, the veg tasted strange, not quite sure what they had done to it. I ordered sea bass which was cooked within an inch of it's life and my partner has steak. They didn't even ask how she wanted it cooked and it was grey, texture was also very questionable. Being polite Brits, we foolishly didn't complain, we paid the extortionate bill and left! However, there does seem to be some rave reviews about their fish platter so maybe the restaurant does have some redeeming features!

2  Thank Jude_Jules