“best food in town”

Cuisines: Croatian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2014

excellent food with generous portion size, the bread with garlic sauce was excellent ... delicious free aperitif and wonderful staff. Would come again!

1  Thank monia21

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We ate here, family of 4, on our first night in Dubrovnik. We wandered around and eventually ate where there were the most people eating. The food was okay, not terrible but not something I would go back to. Service and location were wonderful.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Food was very poor, stuff was unfriendly and they charged extra for table and bread we didn't order.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

This is a family run restaurant serving a mix of traditional Croatian fare and mediteranean seafood. It is located on one of the side streets parallel to the main central strada, and is therefore a little out of the main bustle, although there are lots of other restaurants along the same street. We enjoyed our meals so much we returned three times during our week long stay, always for lunch. The food was excellent, although we stuck mainly to the seafood - why wouldn't you eat seafood in a town right by the sea! We had the same waitress and hostess each day - both members of the family, and were always greeted with real warmth, and served quickly and efficiently. It wasn't exceptionally adventurous - nothing "chefy" but I had the best grilled squid I've every had. The only negative was the "Croatian style" vegetables, which appears to consist of boiled potato and overcooked spinach. The same appeared in other places, so this must be a genuine local tradition. Otherwise, everything was lovely.

2  Thank MarlowPeter
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My boyfriend and I came here on the last night of our visit to Dubrovnik. I had the mushrooms with gorgonzola as a starter, a generous portion that was really tasty. My boyfriend had the spaghetti carbonara and enjoyed it.

My main was the fish platter with lobster- it was very tasty and again a large portion, although I have to say that what with all the shelling and de-boning I lost my enthusiasm for it towards the end. It was also absolutely drenched in olive oil, so much so that the fish was practically swimming in it at the bottom of the plate. This did spoil it a bit.

1  Thank Victoria S