“What A Great Space & Exhibition”

Museum of Modern Art
Ranked #77 of 177 things to do in Dubrovnik
Reviewed 29 June 2014

This is no Met or Guggenheim......

However what it is .. is a great space to wander through when the heat builds up in the city and a great first experience of post modernism in what is now Croatia.

You must visit the Bucan gallery/exhibition on the top floor. Look out for the "Bar at closing time" or Picasso's eyes to get the measure of the man.

It is funny,quirky and pretentious and well worth the time and the ticket money.

3  Thank Druburt

Reviewed 24 June 2014

There were some ok paintings in this museum, but I would not have gone if it was not part of the Dubrovnik card. The exhibit displayed while we were there was not too impressive and I would not go again.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Housed in a beautiful, airy, Renaissance/Gothic mansion with panoramic views of the Adriatic, the Museum of Modern Art was my favorite museum in Dubrovnik, and worth the 10-minute walk outside the Old City. While I didn't care for the current special exhibition--that's just my own taste--the works on display from the permanent collection were impressive, especially the 19th-century portraits and impressionist landscapes. The nice thing about the museum is you can see everything in about a half hour, so it doesn't make your head hurt or demand a big chunk of your day.
In short, I found it a peaceful and gorgeous getaway from the throngs in the Old City.

3  Thank Bryant73
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We toiled out of the city and stopped at the museum. It was beautifully cool and uncrowded. We loved the local art from the early 20th century, not so keen on the modern temporary exhibition but much enjoyed the sculpture on the terrace and views from it

1  Thank 1984abrcem
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We bought a three day dubrovnik pass which let's you enter the walls ten public transport trips and entry into museums which the museum of modern art was one.
I personally didn't gets anything out of it but then it's really my thing!
I like art but not that minimal stuff!!