Wife and I stayed in Jele's for 6 nights last week. We booked a studio apartment and were given No 6 on the street level. There were some pros and also a few cons to be aware of.
1. Apartment and bathroom were very clean and reasonably spacious.
2. Kitchen equipment, utensils etc. were very new.
3. Shower was good and hot water tank contained sufficient water for both of us.
4. Hosts (grandma, mum and daughter/son-in-law) were all friendly people.
5. We were left alone to get on so the hosts weren’t intrusive in anyway.
6. The place was reasonably quiet. The road right outside was a minor road so there were only residents' traffic.
7. There were a pizza eatery, a new agent and 2 bakeries (both 24 hrs!) and a bus stop down the road (2 minutes walk). A few supermarkets within 20 minutes walk.
8. The hosts can pick up and send you off to the main bus station on your arrival and departure if you ask.
1. Quite far from old city (25-30mins with many steps). But it was easy to catch the No8 bus from a bus stop just outside the bakeries (3 minutes walk). A ticket costs 12Kuna from newsagent. It was a bit nearer to the harbour and main bus station (20 minutes walk and also a bit less steps). We used the bus from old city back to Jele’s on 2 evenings and the rest of time we walked and it was good to do so.
2. It could be a little difficult to find Jele’s if you were walking from the main bus station after your arrival from the airport. But people there were very friendly and helpful – an elderly lady took us almost all the way there as she was returning home from shopping!
3. There were 2 electric hobs in the kitchen but no oven/grill - so restricting the usefulness of the kitchen.
4. A few key utensils were lacking in the kitchen – bread knife, chopping board, decent sized bowls.
5. Quiet a number of the light bulbs were blown, should really be checked and replaced before the customers arrive.
All in all, we enjoyed our stay in Jele’s and Dubrovnik very much. The weather was excellent for mid October (after a couple of night rains at the beginning) and there were still people swimming in the sea! The day excursion to Montenegro (Perast, Kotoe, Budva, St Stafan) was interesting and the views were fantastic. The 3 island hopping boat trip was also very good. We received good discounts for booking both with an agent by harbour outside the old city wall (one should always ask about this anywhere). The half day trip to Cavtat by local bus (No 10, 45 minutes) was well worth doing.
If you don’t mind a bit of walking and are not looking for evening entertainment (clubs, discos..) and prefer moving around independently then I’d recommend Jele’s.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jele Rooms is a stone house with garden full of flowers and various domestic fruit.... It's located near the Port of Gruz and the main bus station. We are open all year around. Few rooms are with balcony, few are with terrace. Free of charge: Welcome drink, info and maps to navigate the city, towels, soap and bed linen, 24 hour hot shower, luggage storage, refrigerator, use of kitchen, use of outside barbecue, parking place, FREE INTERNET. Check in time is 00-24. Check out time is 10 00. All taxes are included in price. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), HostelWorld, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Jele Rooms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.