“Lovely little hostel in great location”
Review of Old Town Hostel

Old Town Hostel
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely little hostel in great location”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Just left Old Town hostel after a 3 night stay. Would highly recommend, in the perfect location right in the Old Town (as you can probably gather from the name!) down a pretty side street. Has a rustic feel with beautiful painted ceilings, cushions and stone walls. The staff are very nice and keen to help with directions or even make you a coffee (with a proper percolator) and there is free coffee/ tea/ cereal/ juice/ biscuits throughout the day as well as 2 laptops with wifi in all rooms and common area. Very sweet place. Not a busy party place, generally a chilled feel but I went solo and got chatting to a few really nice people who I went for a glass of wine (or a few!) with, sitting on the streets of picturesque Dubrovnik.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank HayleySamantha1

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Reviewed 5 June 2014

As someone who has never stayed in a hostel, and worried about what it would be like - I can pleasantly say that Old Town Hostel was a great first experience.
The rooms were simple, clean, and practical. The room was quiet and also had a fan which we used at night. The bathrooms are shared (1 on every floor) and were just like the room - simple, and clean.

The location is probably the best part about the hostel. It was in the HEART of old town Dubrovnik and close to EVERYTHING - restaurants, Adriatic sea, bars, caffes, etc., etc.
The staff was very helpful and gave us restaurant suggestions as well as advice about how to best reach the airport.

After my stay here - I very well could be a Hostel convert! If only all of them were SO lovely!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Perfect location, great people. Check in to be welcomed to a Green Tea Ceremony by Mike-San the owner, or perhaps a champagne party if later in the evening. The staff are friendly, and even the guests are a good bunch: plenty of friends to be made, interesting conversation to be had.
Two computers for use, and wifi in the lobby. Free breakfast of cornflakes and muesli, and tea and coffee. Clean bed sheets and toilets - what more could you need?

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Berkeley, California
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I recently stayed at the Old Town Hostel for six nights and it was one of the best hostels I have ever stayed at. It is probably the most ideal location you can find in Dubrovnik...literally in the center of Old Town and walking distance to everything. The rooms are so cute and clean and the bathrooms are extremely clean as well. The best part about my stay was the staff! They were so friendly and helpful and always had so many snacks out for us! Mike was the best and he even treated us for ice cream! They really treat their guests well. I highly recommend this hostel to everyone...especially people looking to meet other people along their travels! We all hung out in the common room every night and had such a great time!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
arlington, va
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I stayed in the top-floor single room. Great value for just 1 person. The young proprietor, Michael, is an American expat -- very friendly and helpful. Location really is unbeatable.

Only two minor quibbles: Wifi supposedly in every room, but I had to go all the way down to the lobby before I could get a signal. And I was directly adjacent to the shared bathroom, but for whatever reason it was like there was no wall between me and the toilet so whenever someone used it I could hear every single urine stream, bowel movement, gas emission, etc. It was kind of funny to me since I'm a toilet-humor type, but others may find it off-putting.

Room Tip: The one single room is on the top floor. It's pretty quiet, though as I mention in the review, d...
Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank drabwastrel
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed 6 May 2014

The hostel is really well located, in the middle of the Old Town. I usually don't mind if the place is old but as long as it's clean... But it was not the case with Old Town Hostel, especially the washrooms and showers. There was only one per floor and it was dirty. The dorm we stayed in was big and we had free lockers, which was pretty useful.
I read the other comments and everyone seemed to enjoy their stay, so maybe we visited on a wrong day...!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This hostel is one of the best I've stayed at. I was in a 4-bed female dorm, which was huge and had lockers to put stuff (bring your own lock). We had to share a toilet with another room on the same level, which did not pose a problem (I don't know about the peak period). There was even a clothes line by the window to hang your laundry. The hostel staff were really nice and helpful. The ambience and decor of the hostel made it cosy and nice to stay at. Location-wise, it was fantastic as we had easy access to restaurants and attractions as it was right smack in the old town itself. I highly recommend this hostel for anyone visiting Dubrovnik.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends