“Different class” 5 of 5 bubbles

Restaurant Amfora
Ranked #22 of 365 Restaurants in Dubrovnik
Price range: US$12 - US$29
Cuisines: Seafood, Mediterranean, European, Croatian, Fusion
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Creative Dalmatian/Mediterranean Cuisine in an elegant setting. We offer fresh sea food, homemade pasta and great steaks from our charcoal grill set in our open kitchen. Only 3 restuarants in the area are certified to sell blue fin tuna and we are one of them. And we know how to prepare it ;)
london
“Different class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

All been said before really but do not miss this place while you are in Dubrovnik. Lovely choice and despite the prices worth every Kuna. Enjoy

• Visited June 2014

• Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

We thought we would eat closer to our hotel in gruz tonight, and trusted trip advisor for our choice

As always TA advice was spot on, the food was amazing

And the beef steak among the finest steak we have ever eaten, this will be our choice, for our final nights meal

2 Thank Rickycatch
Brisbane
“The reviews did not lie”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

We had originally booked elsewhere but changed when Faulty Towers reports about the alternative were delivered.

Amfora was delightful. You progress through a bar area upstairs to a a lovely internal garden terrace. Freshly grown and used herbs adorn the walls.

As we have experienced now several times in Dubrovnik staff are knowledgeable and very very helpful - sharing their knowledge of Croatian food and wine particularly and eager to find a match for your own wine experiences.

I ordered the tuna steak and my husband the sea bass fillet with mussels etc.

I hate to have menu envy and I thought that my tuna was beautifully cooked at medium rare ( and a true medium rare) but the sea bass was to die for.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank RoxanneBrisbane
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, nice venue & attentive staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

I don't write reviews often but having used Trip Advisor to find a decent restaurant in Dubrovnik, I feel compelled to add to the glowing reports this restaurant has received already.

We were greeted warmly by the waiting staff who were attentive without being pushy. To start with the homemade bread was very good, not like the dry stuff a lot of restaurants hand out, plus there was no limit, we had two full baskets between my girlfriend and I. Everything on the menu looked amazing, we decided to share a falafel salad as we'd already spied the chocolate soufflé on the desert menu, but to be honest there was plenty on the plate for two servings anyway. The salad was fresh and full of herbs that had been picked from the wall mounted hanging baskets we were sitting next to. Then for main I had a beautifully cooked fillet of sea bass, presented well with fresh mussels and king prawns, shredded carrot and courgette on a bed of polenta. I don't see the point in polenta myself but that's my problem, not the restaurants - the meal itself was was stunning.

The chocolate soufflé was definitely worth saving room for and this was accompanied by some complementary homemade desert wine which was a great end to a lovely meal.

Having enjoyed some ordinary food in the old town it was great to have some food that had had some thought put into the process and presentation. The old town isn't expensive by British standards, but this was even more reasonably priced and to my mind much better quality. I would definitely recommend anyone staying in Dubrovnik venturing out that little bit further (10 mins bus, that's all) to find Gruz. We've had our two best meals at restaurants in this town with Anfora definitely the jewel in the crown for me.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank MDJ1977
“Best meal in Dubrovnik”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

We visited Restaurant Amfora this evening and enjoyed our meal on the lovely first floor outdoor terrace. The service was outstanding, both waiters were friendly and we were made to feel extremely welcome. The food was delicious. We were offered basket after basket of complimentary homemade warm bread which was very tasty. The whole experience was faultless, would highly recommend this restaurant as it was by far the best dining experience we've had during our stay in Dubrovnik.

Visited June 2014