“Excellent!”

Restaurant Amfora
Ranked #29 of 406 Restaurants in Dubrovnik
Price range: US$12 - US$29
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Croatian, Fusion
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Creative Dalmatian/Mediterranean Cuisine in an elegant setting. We offer fresh sea food, homemade pasta and great steaks from our charcoal grill set in our open kitchen. Only 3 restuarants in the area are certified to sell blue fin tuna and we are one of them. And we know how to prepare it ;)
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Visited Amfora twice while on holiday in Dubrovnik and would go back again!. The food was excellent, the service was perfect - thanks to our waiter Elmir on the first visit who was just lovely!
The New York Stripsteak was excellent and the Panna Cotta was divine! There are so many things I would like to try on the menu and all around everyone was congratulating the chef. Well done Amfora!!

1  Thank MMWScotland
Write a ReviewReviews (1,111)

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We were looking for a nicer dinner spot in Dubrovnik and were having trouble because some of the more obvious choices seemed to have a lot of negative reviews to counter the positive. After much back and forth I thought Amfora looked good and I was interested in seeing something outside Old Town. We had the taxi drop us off and were immediately disappointed in the lack of charm or atmosphere in the area. I know it is a cruise port but come on...at any rate I was determined to at least look inside. A group walked in before us with a reservation and I overhead the waiter mention something about an upstairs terrace. When it was our turn I asked if we too could sit upstairs. Best decision of the night...

Much better atmosphere and your view is of the mountain rather than the busy street outside. We were promptly greeted and ordered some wine and the Caprese salad while we looked at the menu. I settled on the seared tuna and in a last minute switch my husband did the same. The Caprese was okay but I wouldn't order it again - average tomatoes and runny mozzarella. The tuna however was perfect. It was expertly seasoned and cooked medium as I had asked. It was served over couscous and an over easy egg which was strange but actually brought everything together. After our meal my husband ordered some port and I went with the chocolate soufflé. The soufflé came out deliciously warm with gooey chocolate in the middle and and a brownie texture outside. Great end to the meal. We ended at about €100 for the two of us which seemed on par with the quality if our food and enjoying a couple drinks. I would happily recommend this place to others - just make sure you ask to sit upstairs!

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We visited this restaurant after booking a table the day before for a birthday. It was the best dinner we had in Dubrovnik- not actually in the old town but down by the port, which makes a very nice setting in the evening.
The service was great, and when we couldn't decide which wine to have, the waiters brought us some over to taste first, and custom made me a cocktail which they didn't have on their menu.
The tempura courgette flowers and the risotto were both excellent starters, I had the tuna for my main which was cooked to perfection. My boyfriend had the strip steak which was again delicious.
The real star were the desserts- apple tarte tattin and the chocolate soufflé were to die for.
We weren't rushed between courses, and they brought us some cocktails and grappa on the house afterwards.
Great food, great service, great evening

1  Thank Sazzle1704
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We went there for a lunch, the fish soup was okay but the mussels werent anywhere close to good. Dont order mussels even they may look delicious.

2  Thank Jeffreyw1988
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

A little out the way of the old town but good to be away from the crowds. This restaurant is attached to a "hotel" but doesn't feel like a usual hotel restaurant. Really tasty food and good wines. Owner came by to recommend dishes. Rest of service was very poor. I was sat inside behind a wall. Seemed to be a black hole for the waiters. Still a good place to try

2  Thank martynsnook