“Great food but minor mistakes”
Review of Restaurant Amfora

Restaurant Amfora
Ranked #28 of 373 Restaurants in Dubrovnik
Price range: US$12 - US$29
Cuisines: Seafood, Mediterranean, European, Croatian, Fusion
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Creative Dalmatian/Mediterranean Cuisine in an elegant setting. We offer fresh sea food, homemade pasta and great steaks from our charcoal grill set in our open kitchen. Only 3 restuarants in the area are certified to sell blue fin tuna and we are one of them. And we know how to prepare it ;)
“Great food but minor mistakes”
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Went in a party of seven. We had a good evening. There was a wait to be seated so we opted for an aperitif, which were well made drinks. For dinner we ordered beer and got a nice niche product, which tasted great. The starters were consumed with great enjoyment by the whole party, though our vegetarian member got his risotto containing prawns. It was quickly rectified by the waiter, who came with the proper dish a few minutes later. The main course was great for those opting for the vegetarian and seafood options, but those who ordered steak were not impressed. The desserts were fine but not spectacular. All in all it's worth 5 stars, and kudos for having good vegetarian options on the menu.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
“Awesome - Where the locals go!”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Followed up the excellent reviews on Tripadvisor, and this restaurant lived up to every rave review, and was actually one of the best restaurants we have ever eaten in. From its roadside setting, one wouldn't imagine the sophistication of the dishes. We tried the seared sesame tuna on spelt with guacamole and a poached egg. Sounds peculiar but was a taste sensation! And the presentation of the plate was amazing. The other main was sea bass on polenta with vegetable julienne, which was delicious. The no chocolate chocolate cake (gluten free) made with avocado, banana....etc was so good we copied out the list of ingredients to try and make it at home! The service was fantastic and prompt. It was very well priced compared to the restaurants in the old town and our hotel. Whenever we raved to hotel staff or taxi drivers about our meal there, they told us that this is where the locals go for a great meal out. Wish we had time to try out some of their other interesting dishes, such as their boar stew, marinated steak, mussels and other various platters, which passed our table to other diners with artistic presentation and delectable aroma. I don't think you can beat this restaurant in Dubrovnik. It's fine dinning at an affordable price and out classed our 5 star hotel restaurant by miles at a fraction of the cost.

Visited August 2014
Scotland
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Visited Amfora twice while on holiday in Dubrovnik and would go back again!. The food was excellent, the service was perfect - thanks to our waiter Elmir on the first visit who was just lovely!
The New York Stripsteak was excellent and the Panna Cotta was divine! There are so many things I would like to try on the menu and all around everyone was congratulating the chef. Well done Amfora!!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank MMWScotland
Dublin, Ireland
“Great seafood!”
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

We were looking for a nicer dinner spot in Dubrovnik and were having trouble because some of the more obvious choices seemed to have a lot of negative reviews to counter the positive. After much back and forth I thought Amfora looked good and I was interested in seeing something outside Old Town. We had the taxi drop us off and were immediately disappointed in the lack of charm or atmosphere in the area. I know it is a cruise port but come on...at any rate I was determined to at least look inside. A group walked in before us with a reservation and I overhead the waiter mention something about an upstairs terrace. When it was our turn I asked if we too could sit upstairs. Best decision of the night...

Much better atmosphere and your view is of the mountain rather than the busy street outside. We were promptly greeted and ordered some wine and the Caprese salad while we looked at the menu. I settled on the seared tuna and in a last minute switch my husband did the same. The Caprese was okay but I wouldn't order it again - average tomatoes and runny mozzarella. The tuna however was perfect. It was expertly seasoned and cooked medium as I had asked. It was served over couscous and an over easy egg which was strange but actually brought everything together. After our meal my husband ordered some port and I went with the chocolate soufflé. The soufflé came out deliciously warm with gooey chocolate in the middle and and a brownie texture outside. Great end to the meal. We ended at about €100 for the two of us which seemed on par with the quality if our food and enjoying a couple drinks. I would happily recommend this place to others - just make sure you ask to sit upstairs!

Visited August 2014
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We visited this restaurant after booking a table the day before for a birthday. It was the best dinner we had in Dubrovnik- not actually in the old town but down by the port, which makes a very nice setting in the evening.
The service was great, and when we couldn't decide which wine to have, the waiters brought us some over to taste first, and custom made me a cocktail which they didn't have on their menu.
The tempura courgette flowers and the risotto were both excellent starters, I had the tuna for my main which was cooked to perfection. My boyfriend had the strip steak which was again delicious.
The real star were the desserts- apple tarte tattin and the chocolate soufflé were to die for.
We weren't rushed between courses, and they brought us some cocktails and grappa on the house afterwards.
Great food, great service, great evening

1 Thank Sazzle1704