Royal Princess Hotel
Tirena Hotel(Dubrovnik)
Valamar Argosy Hotel(Dubrovnik)
Hotel More(Dubrovnik)
  • Pool
All reviewssea view suitedeluxe suitefull bathroomsthe buson the rocksold townimportanne resortzoe restaurantadriatic sealarge bedroomother hotelscocktail barthe sofa bedsteam roomwelcome drinkhotel complexliving area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Had an amazing stay - room was fantastic with beautiful views over the islands. We were booked into the Ariston hotel but were upgraded to the Royal Princess. Staff were extremely helpful and very friendly. The breakfast buffet was very large with plenty of options. Sorry to leave but will hopefully be back soon!

Reviewed 22 May 2013

We booked into this resort Ariston Hotel but were "upgraded" into the Royal Princess. Wow the most incredible room, kitchenette, lounge room, balcony, bedroom, en suite and another separate bathroom. The most magnificent view of the incredible sea. The staff are fabulous and so upbeat and helpful. In one word fantastic!

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank soniavas
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I have stayed at the Importanne Resort in the past and have just returned from a perfect stay at the most recent development on the Importanne complex, the Royal Princess, a 5* hotel of suites. Like Suvi M says in her review, my suite was also bigger than my apartment at home, and nothing comes close to the turquoise-blue sea view. Unlike the Neptun hotel on the same complex, the reception and rooms at the Royal Princess have a more traditional decor with more ornate furniture and fabrics - this still manages to complement the more contemporary design on the resort overall, but gives the RP a real sense of luxury.

The wellness spa and indoor pool are newly opened only last week, so I had a brief opportunity to use the pool before I left. The indoor pool is heated and open until 10pm, with saunas or steam rooms around the corner which I sadly didn't have chance to try. With a bar in the reception and a soon-to-open restaurant in the new hotel there are some great new features to the resort, but the Restaurant Mediterraneo, Beach Bar, Restaurant Zone and outdoor pools are a very short stroll away, as is the bus stop for the regular buses to the Old Town

I can't praise the staff highly enough. Everyone from bell boys, to receptionists, to waiters and waitresses, nothing is too much trouble, you are made to feel welcome from the minute you walk through the door, and there is a friendly and jovial atmosphere across the resort. I was sad to leave and will definitely be back!

Room Tip: There are sea-view and garden-view rooms - the sea-view rooms have unbeatable views over the Adriatic.
1  Thank V84
Reviewed 20 May 2013

We stayed in Royal Princess for Labor Day weekend. We were two couples with two small kids.
Got a great deal (otherwise we couldn't afford it!). What a five star experience! Rooms are specious and furniture is all brand new and fab. Kitchen was missing cutlery and some bits but that was provided right away. This was important to us since we had to prepare snacks for juniors.
Service perfect! Food my God, we really indulged in fish of all kinds, selection was great! I will not go on about the foods since I am a foodie but I will say me and my hubby had Campaign for breakfast. Town is close. Beach was nearby. Since it was still early session we stayed in the spa and indoor pool.

Room Tip: Sea view suites looked fab! We had a park view but had a sneak peak.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I have just returned from a week in the Royal Princess in Dubrovnik and it was a superb experience. The hotel is newly built and opened in 2012. Our suite comprised of a spacious lounge with kitchen area which had a full height and width window overlooking the crystal clear waters of the Adriatic. This window opened onto a large balcony with table and chairs, a beautiful place to watch the sun go down.

The bedroom was a large double room, off which there was a huge bathroom with both bath and shower. A further bathroom with shower, toilet and basin was off the lounge allowing my girlfriend and I to have a bathroom each. Two large LCD TVs, one in the lounge and one in the bedroom have a selection of international channels. There is free wifi which is reliable and high speed.

The hotel has its own bar, and a beautiful looking restaurant, La Castile, was being finished whilst we were there. A wellness centre and Spa is also on site with a luxurious swimming pool, sauna, treatment rooms etc. I understand there is a golf simulator on site too but not being a Golfer I didn't look into this.

The hotel forms part of the large Importanne Resort, which we have stayed at four times now. There are four hotels, the Neptun, Ariston, Royal Palm and Royal Princess. In addition there are several restaurants including the lovely Zoe with, in my opinion, the finest views of any restaurant, as the sun sets over the Adriatic. Breakfast is a buffet served in one of the restaurants with a covered terrace overlooking the sea, the perfect start to the day. Choice is huge from continental cereals, breads, toast, through to fresh fruit, cold meats and cheeses and an array of cooked choices including the usual sausages, eggs, bacon etc. You can even get a salad, which seemed to appeal to the oriental guests.

On checking in at the hotel our bags were taken by the bellboy and loaded onto a golf buggy and we were driven the short walk to the Royal Princess, shown to our room and the facilities of the complex explained.

The hotel has several swimming pools, two indoors, an infinity pool in the main complex and two at the edge of the sea for those who don't want to swim in the open sea. The sea is crystal clear which makes it perfect for swimming and snorkelling, in amongst the fish.

The hotel is a few KMs out of town in the peaceful Babin Kuk area, which means it is great for swimming, snorkelling, scuba diving etc and yet only a 10 minute ride into the Old Town on one of the very regular buses which run from the front of the hotel from morning to late at night.

As with each of our previous stays at the Importanne Resort each and every member of staff we met was very friendly, spoke amazing English and was truly professional. It is this superb service which sees us keep returning and which sets the hotel above the rest, of the many hotels I have stayed in around the world the Importanne Resort really is the best.

1  Thank MarkMYorkshire