Villa Four Winds
Villa Doda(Dubrovnik)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbuza gatesteep stepscable carenjoy dubrovnikfree wifigreat communicationmini fridgetop floorair congreat roomcomfy bedcoffee machineold citywithin the wallsmain gateamazing locationwithin walking distance
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Stayed on the first floor for one night. Clean, comfortable room. No views. Looked onto opposite apartment, had to keep shutters closed as they could see in. Lots to steps to get to apartment, did not worry me. Owner met me on the top side, so not many steps down to apartment, with luggage. Owner was so helpful. Let me leave my luggage just outside my room when I checked out, as I was not leaving till 2pm. Let me keep main door keys as I could go when ready. Left keys in letterbox when I departed.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 June 2013

We stayed on 3rd floor in Villa Four Winds for two nighst before moving on to Mostar. Room was clean, comfortable and with a excellent view. Room had a fridge, ensuite bathroom and air con. No kettle or tea/coffee facility available. If you need a kettle then request in advance of arrival. We asked for a kettle on check in but did not get one until the afternoon before we were leaving. Hot water run out quickly during our stay. It seems to take ages to it heat up again. The location was excellent but lots of steep steps to get to it. Make sure you approach from the top of the street. From Pile Gate go on you left toward the cable car station. This approach from outside of the wall will take you to North gate. The street entrance is near Lady Pi Pi Restaurant. You will not have any contact with the owner. Good place to stay.

Room Tip: 3rd or 4th Floor for view. No lifts.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rameshlcfc
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Stayed on the top floor in villa four winds for three nights. New, clean and comfortable room with spectacular views. Only 4 rooms in the block. Close to a great little tavern and 125 steps to the placa. You need to be pretty fit because everywhere in the old town requires lots of steps but what a wonderful experience. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2013 via mobile

The room was small but clean, and had a fridge, ensuite bathroom and air con, which was pretty much all we needed. The location was also great, although make sure you approach it from the top of the street (north) if you have any luggage, as there are LOTS of steep steps!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank blenderovski
Reviewed 16 May 2013

My first trip to Dubrovnik will not be my last.....I hope, and when I return, I will stay at the Villa Four Winds.....great staff......very helpful.....ivory clean and comfortable...room was on top floor with view of the Old Town and I could see the coast....great price.....glad I took Rick Steve's advice on this!!!

Room Tip: Ask for the double on the top floor!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo