The Villa More looks a lovely, old style building both in the photos and as you approach it in real life. It's handy for the pedestrian area of Lapad, Lapad beach, the bus to the Old Town and Gruz port. However (and I'm saying this having just returned from a lovely holiday in Dubrovnik), there are some downsides that anyone considering this property might be interested in.
- take the offered transfer from the hotel to the villa ; We arrived quite late and Stephen, the lovely driver we had with Transfer Dubrovnik knew that we had to check in at the Hotel More which was ten minutes or so away from the apartment, so he insisted on waiting. Our arrival at the villa was a bit "gothic". The place was in darkness, we were unable to locate any light switches when we let ourselves in and the two flights of curving wooden stairs creaked as we headed to our apartment on the top floor.
- the villa isn't suitable if you have mobility issues. The ground floor is offices, so accommodation requires climbing stairs.
- not suitable if you like someone on site to ask questions of. Although the hotel reception can be contacted via the phone system, or by taking the 10 minute walk to the Hotel where the staff are very lovely.
- request apartments 901 or 902 if you are over 6 ft tall. We were initially allocated apartment 904 on the 2nd (top) floor and the initial disappointment was that it didn't have a balcony which we thought we had requested. More fundamentally, however, the top floor apartments are in the roof space and even if I could have been sure my husband would have always remembered to duck under the low, sloping ceilings in every room, the fact that he physically couldn't get near the loo, or use the shower other than on his knees was going to make our holiday quite stressful. Thankfully, the lovely Nikolina at the hotel took pity on us and re- allocated us a room on the 1st floor.
- the top floor apartments are also a bit claustrophobic, and the low, wood panelled ceilings retain the heat.
- angle grinders make great alarm clocks! Unfortunately there is building work immediately next door to the Villa, most of which is being carried out by angle grinder. Obviously this won't be going on forever, but if, like us you choose an apartment to enjoy a lie in during your holiday, it may be worth checking the progress of the building work.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Villa More reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.