4 of us have just returned from a week here, having grown up kids with us for the first time in years we wanted somewhere reasonably priced. As has already been said, the hotel will win no beauty contest, I suspect it was built as a holiday retreat for 'the friends of the party' back in communist days. However this is soon forgotten about, especially when you eat dinner with one of the best sunsets you will ever see. We ate on the lower terrace, surrounded with the smell of lavender, watching the sun slip between the islands, magical!
1. Clean inside, well maintained gardens
2. Spacious outside area with plenty of places to sit in the shade.
3. Friendly staff.
4. Good location at the start of the number 6 bus route, you will see how valuable this is when you witness the fight to get on later in the journey!
5. Good food, though as all croatian food seemed to be, a bit 'unspectacular'.
The not so good:
1. Air conditioning struggled to keep the room cool when it was 30+ outside.
2. If you don't like cats, don't eat on the terrace! I don't have a problem, but you might. Semi ferral cats are everywhere in croatia.
3. The dining room would be crowded if you all had to eat there, but this never happened to us as the sun shone all week.
1. Get a Dubrovnik card, covers several attractions, including the walls, discounts in restaurants and shops and 10 or 20 bus rides depending on 3 or 7 day card.
2. Walk through the park to get to the bus, the hotel drive is hot and dangerous.
3. The cafes in the little shopping centre beside the hotel are cheap and come alive at night.
4. If a bus back from the pile gate is crowded, get the next one and let the others fight for a space; they run every 5 - 10 minutes.
Overall we would have no hesitation in returning to the Argosy Hotel and thoroughly enjoyed our week.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Romantic garden paradise in Dubrovnik's green oasis Set in the picturesque and peaceful Babin Kuk peninsula, the Valamar Argosy Hotel welcomes you as a newly refurbished and upgraded 4* hotel. Its stunning landscaped gardens, stylish rooms, infinity pool and wellbeing area, all set the scene for an ideal relaxing and romantic getaway. With the old town of Dubrovnik just 15 minutes away and a selection of beaches at your fingertips, you can mix and match the activities you love to create your own unforgettable Croatian holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Valamar Argosy Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Argosy Hotel Dubrovnik
- Argosy Dubrovnik
- Hotel Argosy Dubrovnik