Valamar Argosy Hotel
Neptun Hotel(Dubrovnik)
Ariston Hotel(Dubrovnik)
Hotel More(Dubrovnik)
1,400 results
All reviewsriviera travelthe hotel shopthe buspool areacoral beach clubold townbabin kukdrinks packagebuffet stylesea viewaqua aerobicsbreakfast and dinnercava beachlast stoplovely hotelhalf boardsmall shopping
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 August 2013

My family and I stayed at the Argosy Hotel, Dubrovnik in July 2013 for two nights as part of a broader tour bus group. While the hotel itself is clean but average, it does provide a resort feel with a very hospitable staff, above average food choices and breath taking sunset dining views.

Overall, I was very pleased with the hotel and its amenities, including onsite entertainment for both children and adults alike, food buffet with varied choices, the opportunity to visit adjoining sister properties, beach access and reasonably sized pool.

One challenge for me though was the stray cats that were present throughout the resort. Was this really wasn't an issue for me in most areas, it did concern me for health reasons in the dining area. Unfortunately, much of the dining seating is outside ... an area that might be a little hard to manage the "wildlife".

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Josip_Konjevod, General Manager at Valamar Argosy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Dear Guest,

thank you for taking your time to share your opinion on Tripadvisor!
We are glad you have had chance to visit in our sister hotels and we are all very happy to see that you liked it and we truly hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

Staff was just awesome, we lost a bag on a bus from airport, they called and tracked it and had it delivered. Location is great, beaches near by and multiple, very easy to get to old town , local bus stops a block from hotel and takes u to old town about 15-20 min ride cost under 3 dollars.
Breakfast was great, ever our picky two year old approved.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Josip_Konjevod, General Manager at Valamar Argosy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2013

Dear Guest,

thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience with Tripadvisor community.We are delighted to see you gave the highest mark in your review and could not be more proud with fact that our staff contributed to it.
I will make sure to pass your words to all of them.

Greetings from the Argosy team and we look forward to maybe greeting you again sometime in future.

Josip Konjevod

Reviewed 1 August 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The location is great, food was good and rooms were lovely. Although I would recommend choosing one with a sea view as the views are really great. The pool area is very pleasant and the pool bar serves snacks throughout the day.
It's only a short bus ride into the old town of Dubrovnik which is wonderful. Very different in a good way, walk the wall and then dine in one of the many bars nod restaurants which are very good and very reasonably priced.
I would definitely stay in this hotel again.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cherylswift3
Josip_Konjevod, General Manager at Valamar Argosy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2013

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you choosing hotel Argosy for your vacation and taking time to share your opinion at Trip advisor. I am very glad to read that you have enjoyed your vacation in Dubrovnik and that our sea view room met your expectations.
Thank you for recommending us and we would be delighted to be able to greet you in Argosy on some other occasion.

Yours sincerely
Josip Konjevod

Reviewed 26 July 2013

Really nice, good location very near Dubrovnik. Frequent bus service to city centre very short walk from hotel. I had a sea view room, from where I could see cruise ships coming in Dubrovnik. Buffet breakfast and buffet dinner with really good food and different choices. Copacabana beach 5 - 8 minute walk from hotel

Room Tip: 4th floor Sea view rooms
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank 31Anne31
Josip_Konjevod, General Manager at Valamar Argosy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

Dear guests,

Thank you for choosing hotel Argosy for your vacation in Dubrovnik and also I would like to thank you for taking the time to put your impressions in writing on Trip advisor.

We are very happy to see that you liked the hotel and we truly hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

I have just come back from a 1 week stay at this hotel and I could not fault it.
First of all I like to say that I did read some bad/not so good reviews before going to this hotel but I have no idea what these people were talking about or what they expected, this is a very good three star hotel.
The hotel is set in a nice location by the sea (A pebble beach) with a few local shops and restaurants nearby. The bus stop is located outside the hotel and the number 6 bus will take you into Dubrovnik old town in about 10-15 mins, buses also run every 10 mins so hardly any waiting, costs 15kuna for one way. We did walk this once took about 45 - 1 hour.
The nearby beach offers water activities too.

The hotel is very clean, the staff are very friendly and efficient. The restaurant staff were very efficient at cleaning and preparing your tables etc.
The food at the restaurant very good and I they do try to have different options of evening food available each day. Food is fresh and replaced often.
Everything you could possible want for breakfast too. The chef that does the eggs is very smiley and clearly loves his job.
Not sure what all the bad reviews were about where people were saying the restaurant was horrendous. Its a half board hotel that caters very well for a lot of people and has a bonus of lovely views.

Staff were very helpful. We had a problem with our private transfer back to the airport, as in we were still waiting 20 mins after we were suppose to be picked up and when I rang the number I was given by transfer people the very helpful women at the other end said that she doesn't do it no more. I rang another number and the guy didn't speak very good English and was telling me to ring someone else etc. So at this point I was getting panicky I went back inside the hotel and a very nice young women on reception (Didn't get her name I'm afraid) started phoning around for me and found out that the transfer people had sold the business to another company but this company were waiting at the wrong hotel for me (despite dropping me at the correct one) She was very calm and very helpful.

I would defiantly go back to Croatia it is a beautiful country. Would recommend a trip to the island of Mljet it does take a while to get there but well worth the visit.
The old town and the city walls are also well worth the visit and have lovely views.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Tyne H
Josip_Konjevod, General Manager at Valamar Argosy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2013

Dear Guests,

First of all I would like to thank you on behalf of our whole staff for your kind words and recommendation.
We are very proud of our country and town and feel very lucky to accomodate our guests this specific location, which you described so nicely.
In our efforts to provide the best service and to make our guests feel as welcome and as safe as possible, we always try to give 100 % of our time and abbilities and I am glad to see when we made it.
Once again, thank you and I hope to see you again.