“Service Above and Beyond”

Hotel Bellevue Dubrovnik
Ranked #3 of 68 Hotels in Dubrovnik
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We were guests at the hotel for 3 nights recently. The view from our balcony room was magnificient, looking out on the small bay and cove where the hotel sits up the cliff from the shore; our room was very comfortable and well-appointed in a contemparary manner including a large flat-screen TV with several English-speaking channels. The bath was large with an array of up-scale soaps, shampoos, body-gels, etc. compilmented by bath towels that were about 3' X 5' and luxiourisly thick. Robes and slippers were furnished.

While we expected the 5-star rating to reflect superior service and amenities, and we received those, we did not expect the personal services that the hotel provided far above and beyond what one would normally expect of any hotel. Upon the evening of our arrival, my raspy throat that started a day earlier had become a very uncomfortable case of bronchitis. I had a similiar experience a few years back while traveling that resulted in pneumonia. Mindful of this, the following morning I inquired at the reception desk if they could direct me to a doctor. They showed much concern and said they would have a doctor come to our room. He arrived within 30 minutes. He confirmed my self-diagnosis and wrote two Rx for me, directing me to a pharmacy about 2 blks away. Consequently, my problem began to improve almost immediately and was only a minor irritant for the balance of our trip. For the remainder of our stay, each time I passed through the lobby, whoever was on duty inquired about how I was feeling.

We had driven from Zagreb in a rental car, however its insurance would not allow us to drive it to Montenegro for a day trip. In speaking of this with the personnel at the reception desk, they arranged for a local car with a GPS, but upon preparing to leave, we discovered that the GPS did not work and the rental agency did not have others available. The young doorman who was helping us called one of his colleauges who was off duty, and that young man came from home to bring us his personal GPS to use for the day trip to Montenegro.

Needless to say, this service only enhanced our enjoyment of this hotel which possess some of the most magnificient views of any place we have ever stayed. The breakfast buffet provided a large number of offerings and the food in the restaurant was about as good as it can get. One morning while having breakfast on the outdoor deck, the hotel's general manager came through and visited at each occupied table, a gesture that shows the concern this establishment has for their guests.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank atexscot
luce b, General Manager at Hotel Bellevue Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2012

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for your kind feedback on Tripadvisor pages regarding your recent stay
at the hotel Bellevue Dubrovnik.
Thank you for your generous comments about the service provided by our staff.
I will take great pleasure in sharing your compliments with them.
Our aim is to provide a personalized experience for each and every one of our guest and I am happy to know that we succeded.
We look forward welcoming you back soon !
Sincerely
Hotel "Bellevue", Dubrovnik

There are newer reviews for Hotel Bellevue Dubrovnik

Reviewed 19 March 2012

I was taken here this weekend for a surprise 40th by my husband and it didn't fail to deliver. Great location for the Old Town, fantastic staff and stunning views.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank rosamund_bone
luce b, Manager at Hotel Bellevue Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for posting feedback on Tripadvisor pages of your recent visit to the hotel Bellevue,Dubrovnik.I appreciate your positive comments about friendly staff and nice views
I will share your compliments with my staff and we are looking forward to your next visit to Dubrovnik.
Hotel " Bellevue", Dubrovnik

Reviewed 10 March 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights after 4 days at the Villas Kolocep and it is more than a little bit of an upgrade. We treated ourselves to a suite and had a large balcony (compared to the others) two bathrooms and big sitting and area with a dining table as well as a separate bedroom. We were on the penultimate floor and the views were superb.

Breakfast is very good and the distance into town didn't bother me as it is calm when you get back to the hotel. The walk down is easy but coming home after 10pm you might prefer to take a taxi.

The hotel restaurant beside the beach was disappointing without much choice and very basic. I had a noodle salad that was a bowl of pasta with a few bits of sweetcorn and pepper! The beach gets quite crowded but is cooler than the decks where the sunbeds are which is too sheltered from the breeze in August for anyone from the UK who is not used to 40 degree heat.

The hotel staff were excellent and any queries or requests were dealt with very promptly. Our suite smelt of smoke upon arrival and within 5 minutes of pointing this out there were scented candles throughout. The wifi signal wasn't very strong as the suites are at the end of corridors but they bought a booster along immediately.

I'm glad we stayed here second as it was such a treat after Kolocep, it would have been sad to do it the other way around!

Room Tip: Ask to be higher up for the better view.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sarah B
luce b, General Manager at Hotel Bellevue Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2012

Dear Ms Sarah B
Many thanks for writting such a positive review of the hotel Bellevue.The comfort of our guests is
upmost importance to us,and we are delighted to hear that you were satisfied both with the suite and its facilities as well as with our staff. Thank you for pointing out the efficient and attentive service provided by our staff. Thanks also for reviewing the food in beach restaurant,but it offers only light meals based on pastas and salads.
I am sorry that you did not experience the food in our fine dining restaurant "Vapor" which offers an innovative,elevated style of Mediterranien cuisine.
I will take great pleasure in sharing your compliments with my staff and we are looking forward to your next visit to Dubrovnik
Luce Baća
Hotel Bellevue, Dubrovnik

Reviewed 4 March 2012

we stayed for two nights in early March. We swam in the very refreshing and crystal clear Adriatic, breakfasted (at length) on the patio; enjoyed the pool, jacuzzi and sauna and read on the balcony. The hotel is a fifteen minute walk to Pile gate bus from the airport - with great views; old town very accessible as is walking across to Babin Kuk. The views are spectacular. The rooms are nicely done; everything works, In short, it was just great. Downsides are very minor: no restaurants very close (and the hotel'sown looked quite expensive); coffee could have been better and a bit more plentiful. But I would go back like a shot.

Room Tip: higher up is good -- and make sure yu opt for sea view and a balcony (we opted for sea view and go t...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank pansymclean
luce b, General Manager at Hotel Bellevue Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your nice comments on Tripadviser pages.
I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and already now I am looking forward to
welcome you again in our hotel.
Sincerely Yours,
Hotel Manager
Hotel Bellevue

Reviewed 16 February 2012

The hotel is beautiful and has one of only two beaches in the town. This way you get to see the old town in the morning (15-20 min walk away) and come back for a swim in the afternoon. There's also an indoor pool, gym, spa etc but we enjoy the sun.
The hotel serves one of the best breakfast's I have ever had.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are worth the extra. Not only do you have amazing views and a balcony but they are al...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank GiantScotsman
luce b, General Manager at Hotel Bellevue Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your nice comments on Tripadviser pages. Thank you also for
choosing our hotel for your holidays and we are looking forward to your next visit!
Sincerely yours,

Hotel Manager
Hotel Bellevue

Reviewed 31 January 2012

the room was a nice average four star room-I had a balcony room on a lower level therefore only a partial view of the Adriatic to the left and a rock formation covered in shrubs that quite frankly looked more akin to the delivery entrance of a suburban supermarket- lots of over grown weeds, really. I think if one were to have a room with a better view/vantage point it would be a better experience. That said: the rooms were all immaculate if a bit sterile; I never made it down to the pool or beach which I regret; but as others have commented here, it is quite a walk along a busy road towards the “Old Town”. Two points: my room location forced me down a circuitous series of paths and stair wells up and down so that I was never really quite sure where I was within the building; that and the acoustics were odd: a woman above my room was having phone conversations to the point where it seemed like she was on my balcony. I also heard every foot step above me. Once you shut the balcony door you could be in any antiseptic hotel in the world. The sea is what makes this location. A terrace room, central and higher up is what I would recommend for visitors. As for the service: it was impressive and no complaints.

Room Tip: get a balcony room, higher floor and central building.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank JAHNYC
Reviewed 28 December 2011

We stayed at the Bellevue in September and had a great time. From the moment you walk into the reception and see the beautiful blue ocean stretched out before you, you understand why this hotel has received such favourable reviews on TA. We stayed for 5 nights, and thoroughly enjoyed unhurried days spent reading on the sunbeds overlooking the beach and nights spent exploring the Old Town. The rooms are clean and modern and the spa and pool excellent. The walk into the Old Town is a brisk 15 minute exercise for the young and fit, although doubtless more taxing and less pleasant for the less mobile. We didn't mind the walk at all, and found it an enjoyable way to work up an appetite. We'd stay here again next time we are in Dubrovnik.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple