Hotel Bellevue Dubrovnik
Agoda.com
US$371
US$353
1,613 results
All reviewsprivate beachvapor restaurantspice barold cityminute walkl'occitane productscliff overlookingour honeymoonbeach restaurantsmall baystar hotelhotel guestsindoor poolbeautiful hotelbalcony roomstunning viewsupgraded to a suite
Reviewed 11 July 2012

I carefully selected the Bellevue for our accommodation in Croatia as I was planning on proposing to my girlfriend whilst away and wanted our visit to be first class. The Hotel Bellevue did not disappoint!

Attentive staff from the moment we arrived and truly stunning views from the room. We had one of the suites and so had the benefit of a balcony you could walk out on. The view out to sea and the bay was outstanding! There is also a private beach which is nice bonus to the hotel. Decor and quality throughout was excellent and the spa offers a wide range of facilities such as pool, hot/cold experience showers, gym equipment with optional extra treatments available.

The Hotel Manager, Mrs. Luce Baca personally came around all the tables at breakfast to ensure all guests were happy and had everything they needed, as well as being helpful in pointing us in the direction of local destinations. Staff were always very polite and highly attentive throughout our stay.

Walk into the Old City from Hotel Bellevue is approximately 15 - 20 minutes, which other than the Hotel itself is where most people will head to. The Old City has plenty to see and do with the city walls and the cable car both a must. There are plenty of places to eat - but do shop around especially around the back streets in the city walls themselves to find some hidden gems off the direct tourist path. Boat trips out to nearby islands can be good but be prepared that the sea can get a bit choppy and I would recommend only visiting the nearby islands during the peak season as outside of this there is little happening.

Overall a first class stay in Dubrovnik made perfect by staying at the Hotel Bellevue. A truly memorable experience.

Room Tip: Go for a balcony room that you can go out on. This hotel has amazing views - make the most of them!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DavidS014
Management response:Responded 13 July 2012

Dear Guest,
First of all I would like to thank you for choosing hotel "Bellevue" for a such important moment in your life. Also, I would like to thank you for posting such a nice comments at tripadvisor's pages and share your nice experience with other travellers.
I hope that you and your fiancee will choose again hotel "Bellevue" for your honeymoon .
Hotel "Bellevue", Dubrovnik

Reviewed 10 July 2012

Being our first stop in Croatia, the Hotel Bellevue started us off on the right foot! Our room was absolute perfection. We stayed in a deluxe sea view/balcony suite and it was marvelous. The view was gorgeous, the bed was comfortable and the living room area was relaxing. The staff members at the front desk were friendly from the moment we stepped into the lobby. The concierge was also very helpful, getting us the perfect rental car for the remainder of our trip and pointing us in the right direction for dinner during our one evening in Dubrovnik (Tovjerna Sesame Restaurant). The hotel restaurant down by the beach (Tavern Nevera) was not particular tasty, I’d recommend walking into town and finding a restaurant there. The short walk to the old city is really very nice and relaxing, especially as the sun is beginning to set. All in all, it was a great start to our vacation and, if anything, the only thing I would change would be to stay another night or two!

1  Thank Lola216
Reviewed 9 July 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Bellevue Hotel for 4 days/nights two weeks ago during a trip to Croatia and Prague. I must say, it was the most beautiful setting I could have possibly imagined. The hotel was in wonderful condition, the staff were friendly but not overbearing, the room was a nice size and the air conditioning worked well! The pool area was beautiful, overlooking the sea, but honestly the hot tub could have been much hotter. Our view from our 1st floor room was simply spectacular!

The walk to the town was more than manageable. We had dinner at a local restaurant less than a block away called Magellans on the advice of the front desk staff and enjoyed it so much that we dined there a second time during our short stay in Croatia. The only better meal we enjoyed was the one in the hotel restaurant, Vapor. Upon the server's suggestion, I had the veal served over mushroom risotto and it was the best meal I had during our entire vacation. Simply delicious!

The day we had to leave, the hotel secured us a private driver to the airport, who was friendly, informative and wonderful. He even managed to get us to the airport in time for our flight despite terrible traffic from a car accident. I was not sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing as I would much rather have stayed in Croatia! It was a very enjoyable time and I only regret we had to leave that paradise for another European destination. Our next visit, we will surely spend the entire time in stunning Croatia and at the Hotel Bellevue!

2  Thank Jessica R
Management response:Responded 12 July 2012

Dear Guests,
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments posted at Tripadvisor's pages.
My staff and me are so happy to read that you liked our hotel so much, that you enjoyed your stay with us.Thank you for pointing out our location,our rooms,friendly staff and a good food in our restaurant "Vapor".What else to say then simply we are waitting for your next visit to beautiful Dubrovnik and hotel "Bellevue"
Hotel "Bellevue",Dubrovnik

Reviewed 8 July 2012

We stayed 3 nights at the Hotel Bellevue in June as part of our honeymoon. We had read the reviews and were very excited about our first stop in Croatia. However it did not start well. After being warmly greeted and processed at the front desk we were introduced to our room which was supposed to be a Double. Well 2 single beds pushed together does not come close. To their credit we raised the issue and it was quickly resolved, but its the reason we score them as "average" - these things matter. From this poor start I must say the the hotel was very good, large clean rooms, breakfast on the balcony (ok food, but world class view), and the beach is a beautiful touch but as noted its a little rocky . The staff were very friendly and helpful and the gorgeous town of Dubrovnik is so close so its a good base to stay.

2  Thank Lorraine R
Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

Dear Guests,
I am very sorry that your first impression was not good enough because we appointed twin instead double room, and I appologise for this mistake.
I am so happy to read that you really enjoyed your holidays with us that you liked our rooms
breakfast,nice beach and specially our friendly staff.
I hope to be able to welcome you back soon to beautiful Dubrovnik and
hotel "Bellevue"
Sincerely
General manager
Hotel "Bellevue", Dubrovnik

Reviewed 5 July 2012

We stayed three nights at the Bellevue and can't rate it too highly. Nicely appointed rooms, very good restaurant and a good swimming beach. There is a lift that takes you down to the beach level from the cliff side hotel but beware , it is a pebble beach so water shoes are a good idea.
Getting to the Old Town is easy. Plenty of buses or a 15 min downhill walk. After the chaos of the town and city walls it is great to be able to escape back to the hotel, have a swim in the crystal clear waters and a drink in the beachside bar.
Would deffinately stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GraemeH3
Management response:Responded 7 July 2012

Dear Guests,
We appreciate your nice comment posted on Tripadvisor's pages.Thank you very much
for pointing out our location,our room decor, beach , restaurant and bars.
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you again in our hotel,
Hotel Bellevue Dubrovnik