“Excellent hotel!!”

Hotel Bellevue Dubrovnik
Ranked #3 of 68 Hotels in Dubrovnik
Reviewed 3 August 2012

We chose Bellevue Dubrovnik because of the positive ratings on Tripadvisor: it was a perfect choice! The hotel has a beautiful view, private beach, very varied possibilities for relaxing offers and indoor swimming pool.
The staff is very friendly and helpful. Service is super - would definitely stay there again.

995 - 1,001 of 1,554 reviews

Reviewed 2 August 2012

My husband and I and a friend stayed here for 2 nights. The restaurant patio area is lovely with a nice view of the beach bay area and a good selection of Croatian wine. The rooms were nothing special but adequate with nice toiletries. We didn't have one with a patio but we spent a lot of time down at the beach so it didn't matter. The breakfast was very good and the location is a short cab ride from old town.

My only complaint was that in the middle of our last night, there was a big storm which apparently was the cause of the AC in our room breaking down(it was only our room, my friend didn't have this problem in hers) - I understand this could happen but the problem is reception wasn't very communicative about fixing the problem, they kept telling me it was fixed when it wasn't, but they ended up giving me a discount on all food and drink so that made up for the trouble.

The reception really went above and beyond even after we left. I really should know better by now not to trust my husband to be the last one to leave a hotel room as he has a habit of leaving things. I did not notice for 4 days after leaving the Bellevue what he left and by that time we were in Zagreb and leaving the next morning for Slovenia. When I called the hotel to find out if they had found the item, they got back to me within a half hour after looking in their storage room and found out he left more than one thing! We have been in plenty of hotels where the items are conveniently for the cleaning staff never found, so this was refreshing that they kept the items in storage for us.

I asked them to charge my credit card and send the rather heavy item to us in NY which requires an email credit authorization report. Just when I was about to do this, I received another phone call from the concierge Robert, he said that the shipment would be super expensive and instead offered to drop it off at the bus station with a driver headed to Zagreb for us to pickup in the morning. He was really very considerate and went out of his way to help us even though we were no longer guests. This is the type of service that sets some hotels apart from others. Overall, a great stay and would definitely go back.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tracy I
luce b, General Manager at Hotel Bellevue Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this detailed review on Tripadvisor's pages.
We are working hard to provide the highest level of services and therefore appreciate your enthusiasm and positive comments. We are glad to read that you have highlighted our concierge's exeptional service and attitude. It was really our pleasure to arrange everything for you. Thank you again for your comments!
Hotel "Bellevue", Dubrovnik

Reviewed 29 July 2012

Just returned from a one week vacation in Dubrovnik. Hotel Bellevue was excellent - fantastic views and very professional service throughout. Our classic room was spacious, with quality finishings and amenities. Loved the comfort ritual massage at the Spa. The hotel restaurant, Vapor, was of a very high standard - we really enjoyed the cuisine and wine. Special mention goes to Deni, Fani, and Jasna at the Spa, Ivana at Reception, our concierge Robert, and Valentina at Restaurant Vapor - they made our holiday a truly memorable one.

The gym could be improved (treadmill, television, view over the sea....), and the hotel location is a little distant from the Old Town. However, the exquisite views and personal service more than compensates for this.

Room Tip: Worthwhile choosing a room with a balcony.

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your nice comments on behalf of Deni,Fani,Jasna,Ivana,Robert and Valentina.
It is our goal to exceed all our guest's expectations so I am happy to hear that you really enjoyed your stay with us.
We look forward welcoming you back soon !
Hotel "Bellevue", Dubrovnik

Reviewed 29 July 2012

We were pleasantly surprised here at the quality of bedroom and restaurant. The rooms were nice and spacious, small private balcony. There is an elevator all the way to the beach for when you feel lazy. It is about a kilometre down hill to the old town, which obviously becomes an uphill on the return, nothing hard if you are in good health (not good shape, just good health). The restaurant serves quality food, we tried both the beach restaurant and the main restaurant. There is always room for improvement, it is not true Michelin star gastronomy, but it was much better than what I expected. The restaurant is quite busy in summer, so if you want a table with a good view, it is best to book in advance.

Room Tip: Sea view for sure, but I am not even sure that "not a sea view" is possible.
1  Thank Kwizim
luce b, General Manager at Hotel Bellevue Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor's pages.
Thank you for sharing your experience with other travellers. I am delighted to read that you had a wonderful experience and I very much look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Hotel Bellevue , Dubrovnik

Reviewed 28 July 2012

Bellevue is an exceptional hotel in Dubrovnik. It dramatically looks out and high onto the Adriatic and the views from the lobby and the dining room are spectacular. The hotel itself is very "chic modern" although the rooms are more classically furnished with real wooden floors, four poster bed with curtains, and L'Occitaine toiletries. The lobby is light and airy and one floor down where the Vapor coffee shop sits is another lobby area, so lots of areas to relax. There is a small beach at the bottom of the hotel for guests but it's a very small area and quite rocky.

It’s a 15 minute walk down to the walled Old Town and 20-25 going back up. The Hilton is definitely nearer to the Old Town so location is not its strong suit. Another minus is lack of free in-room coffee facilities and complimentary bottled water.

But the coffee shop service is exceptional - all the waiters were polite and attentive and the General Manager makes the rounds of hotel guests to get their feedback. They even had an a la carte selection as part of the breakfast package.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JGR001

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your nice comments posted on Tripadvisor's pages.
Thank you for pointing out our rooms,decor of the hotel,our attentive staff.
I am sorry that you did not ask us for coffee/tea facilities, because we always supply free of charge that "on request".
I am also very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.
With kind regards,
General manager
Hotel "Bellevue",Dubrovnik

Reviewed 25 July 2012

We were changed to this hotel last minute and as it was our honey moon I was slightly worried...really shouldn't have! it's a lovely clean, tranquil hotel. We had the most perfect honeymoon!
The staff were friendly & helpful, the hotel was well looked after, the cleaners were friendly & only attempted to clean room, change towels when they knew we were out of the room. There was a shop, hairdressers & bar. It's a large hotel but not built up & ugly
We had bed & breakfast, the buffet breakfast was excellent and we ate on the terrace overlooking the sea
The well being spa area was also lovely, I had a fab massage & the spa was empty when we went, so me and my husband had free rein of the beds, pool and gym. The beds overlook the sea from a large window
The hotel has lifts, a lift can take you right down to the private beach, they have towels & beds available to use. The sea was lovely.
The walk to the town took 15 minutes, it's up hill a bit on way but really quite a pleasant walk
Our room was also very nice, it had a king size bed, ensuite bath & shower and a large balcony which looked out to the gorgeous sea and down to the private beach.
Highly recommend, as we were moved to this hotel I have no idea of cost but if your wanting a special break I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank caz776
Reviewed 22 July 2012

This is truly one of my favourite hotels. Dubrovnik is a wonderful city and one could not ask for a more comfortable stay than at the Bellevue. Service is attentive and friendly, the amenities are exquisite and the view is simply breathtaking. Perched high on a cliff overlooking a spectacular azure bay you can lounge in completely luxury.

Be sure to set aside at least one day for enjoying the exceptional spa, pools and other amenities. The included breakfast is delicious and enormous. Expect to be constantly surprised by small bonusses such as free valet parking, internet access and delicious fruit platters.

The old town is easily accessible by foot and the walk should not take you more than a few minutes. Be sure to walk the city wall at sundown for a spectacular view!

This hotel is highly recommended and certainly the best place to stay in Dubrovnik.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank kobuse
luce b, General Manager at Hotel Bellevue Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for posting such a positive review following your stay at hotel "Bellevue", Dubrovnik
We are thrilled to read that you have enjoyed our hotel and the services offered to our guests.
My team and I are looking forward to welcoming you back to "Bellevue" Dubrovnik in the nearest future.
Hotel Bellevue, Dubrovnik