“A nice view to the sea” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Bellevue Dubrovnik

Hotel Bellevue Dubrovnik
Ranked #4 of 66 Hotels in Dubrovnik
Tokyo, Japan
“A nice view to the sea”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

As the name suggests, the hotel boasts a nice view to the sea. The hotel's structure is interesting. The reception is on top of a cliff, the restaurant on the floor below the reception and guest rooms are situated on lower floors. Finally, the hotel has a private beach at the level of the lowest floor.

Our room (a standard type) was simple but chic with abundant linen.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Kiyoshi_Fujioka
luce b, General Manager at Hotel Bellevue Dubrovnik, responded to this review, 3 August 2013
Dear Kiyoshi_Fujioka,
Thank you very much for posting your nice review on Tripadvisor's pages.
My team and I are looking forward to welcoming you back to Dubrovnik and hotel "Bellevue".
Hotel "Bellevue", Dubrovnik

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Larvik, Norway
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

Hotel Bellevue has an excellent location, friendly and forthcoming staff and nice rooms with a breathtaking view. A lot of things are therefore as they should be at a five star accomodation (with a five star price level). Unfortunately the hotel falls short in three areas. For me, each of these are quite important, maybe less so for other travelers. First: the beach. There is quite simply not enough room for the number of sun beds that are lined up, and you get really intimate with the people on each side. Even with a beach fully packed with sunbeds there is too few to accomodate all the guests. This is not five star standard. Second: the gym. This is small, with a rowing machine, a nordic walker machine (something wrong with the controls on this one) and a ergometer bicycle. I would at least expect a threadmill or two in a gym at a hotel on this level, especially when the heat makes it difficult to exercise outdoors. Third: patchy and very slow internet connection. The hotel has some kind of coverage in all areas, but so far (i'm still here as I write this) this has proven both slow and unreliable, making it difficult to get any serious work done. It is strange how low-level hotels has been quicker than the expensive ones to realize that a fast and reliable internet connection is no longer optional. To summarize: Bellevue did not meet my expectations, but other travelers with other priorities may still find it an excellent choice.

3 Thank Egilsm
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

We stayed for a week at this hotel in June this year. The reception staff were helpful and polite. The check-in was smooth. The rooms were good - both the one bedroom suite as well as the regular rooms. Some rooms had balconies which were wonderful and those in the other wing had none. I'm guessing that one pays more for the balconies. The restaurant staff were very cheerful and it was a joy seeing them every morning. The breakfast was good, not fantastic but it certainly was not bad. What is not immediately apparent is that on top of the all you can eat buffet at breakfast is that there is also a list of ala carte items that are included in the buffet, like Croatian fried cheese, freshly poached eggs on toast, and freshly squeezed orange juice. The old city of Dubrovnik is a short 15 minute walk away. It would have been nicer if there was an outdoor pool as well as an indoor one, but there was only the one indoor pool. However, the beach was great with a little cave you can easily swim to.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank DoctorYS
San Jose, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

This hotel was supposed to be the highlight of our Croatian trip (all the other hotels we stayed were 4 stars), and turned out to be a big disappointment. First, let me get something out of the way: this is not a 5 star hotel, it is a 4 star hotel in a 5 star location. Period. I have been in many 5 star hotels to know that much. And, even if I compare it to the other croatian 4-star hotels we visited, it does not hold up. The quality of the rooms is not 5 star. I am attaching some pictures of the bathroom as an example. The room hallway, with fire extinguishers on the floors was far from luxurious, I must say. The spa was ok, but again not 5 stars. And, the exercise room was pathetic. Seriously, I have seen better in 3 stars.

Now, the same is true about the breakfast, which was very poor quality. As good as bread and pastry is in Croatia, it is remarkable to see how Bellevue manages to have mediocre bread and pastries. And, the same goes for all the rest of the food. We had just come from 4-star hotels with omelet bars, and homemade yogurt, and Bellevue had supermarket yogurts and poor scrambled eggs. The quality of the fruit was also poor. Even the orange juice was the worst of our trip!

We also had dinner in the terrace restaurant one of the nights. And, that was equally disappointing. But, I will leave that for another review.

Yes, it is an awesome location, and the beach is very, very nice. You will also get the "general manager" to visit your breakfast table to ask about your experience (I did not say any of this to avoid making my wife uncomfortable). But, this is not worth the price. And... I am really surprised by the very good reviews it has.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank xamatriain
luce b, General Manager at Hotel Bellevue Dubrovnik, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Dear Xamatriain,
Thank you for your valuable comments and for staying with us.
I regret to hear about your dissatisfaction with our hotel. I am really very sorry that you did not
tell me anything about mentioned during my talks with you because I've got impression that you are very happy and satisfied with our hotel and our service.
Not wanting to diminish your experience or your comments in any way I have to add that our breakfast buffet offer more then 100 different hot and cold items and we are happy to receive any suggestions for additions from our guests to improve the selection.
Also, I have to emphasis that apart from buffet selection you could also order from a la carte menu omlettes of your choice,pancakes,cakes or a glass of champagne.
Regarding the food in our fine dining restaurant "Vapor" I must tell you that I have never received any complaints and that restaurant "Vapor" is winner between all fine dining hotels' restaurant in Croatia.
I appologise that in your case we could not live up to your expectations.
Thank you again for taking the time and trouble of providing your feedback. I appreciate your comments and I hope to be able to welcome you back soon to beautiful Dubrovnik.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

We only spent one night in this hotel, but were very impressed with the room, the food, and the private pebble beach. Very friendly staff made everything easy, and provided us with a box breakfast when we left before dawn for the airport. The hotel is built on a cliff, and provides beautiful views of the sea. A 20 minute walk downhill takes you right to old Dubrovnik and its Walls. We only regretted not staying longer!

Room Tip: Southern rooms overlook the sea, and are away from the road.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Philip F
Dear Philip F.
Thank you for your kind feedback even your stay with us was very short.
My team and I would like to welcome you again for longer stay in our hotel.
Hotel " Bellevue", Dubrovnik
South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

I liked the location of the hotel, walking distance to the old city and in a cove with a great beach! It was wonderful to go for a swim every evening after a long day sightseeing. Watching the young children dive off of the cliffs was equally as entertaining!
I think our room was just ok. It had a nice view but it was nothing spectacular. We had minor problems with the AC, but they were fixed promptly. The food in the restaurant was superb and the service excellent. My only criticism was that the reception staff could have been friendlier.
I would give it another try next time.

Room Tip: Ask for at least a deluxe room on left side of hotel. Your view might be better!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sophie789
Dear Sophie 789,
Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your stay at Bellevue hotel.
I am happy to read that you liked our location, our beach,food in the restaurant "Vapor" and our service.
I trully hope that we'll have opportunity of welcoming you back soon and to show you that our reception staff is also very friendly and helpful.
glen cove
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

Tops in service, location and comfort. Within walking distance to the old town, but walk in the other direction as well (left out of the hotel) for there is a very pleasant seaside promenade lined with cafes and restaurants. You can inquire at the desk. The beach below is worthy of a swim, and the spa discounts services during the heat of the day. Nothing to dislike.

2 Thank 1abhiking
Dear 1abhiking,
Thank you for your precious time spent on placing your nice comment on Tripadvisor pages.
We would be glad to welcome you again anytime should your plans bring you back to Dubrovnik again.