We loved the Hotel Bellevue, definitely recommend it and really debated 4 vs. 5 stars. Its a really lovely place that just misses being perfect in a couple of small areas.
* Wonderful staff!! Seriously - from the concierges, desk staff, bartender to the cool young guys who served breakfast everyone was friendly and really genuinely helpful. For example, when we wanted to got to Mljet, Dovar the concierge told us about going there as a child, explained all the sites and options for getting there and organized a rental car to be delivered. We felt very well taken care of.
* Great decks, views and common areas. The hotel feels clean and modern with amazing views from the bar, breakfast area, reception area and decks.
* Good beach access. Like all beaches in Dubrovnik, the beach is pebbly and rocky. Coming from California that was a downer. But Bellevue has direct access to a beautiful semi-private beach and a couple of great decks with chairs, umbrellas and bar service overlooking the water. We were there at high season and while we did throw towels down on our favorite chairs in the morning, it didn't seem like a crazy scene and they seem to have enough to accommodate everyone.
Nice breakfast and bar. You can have breakfast on the deck over the water. View is amazing and made every morning special. I had a glass of wine each night on another deck - also amazing.
Great Spa. We had a couple of treatments. Cost wasn't cheap but was a little less than California prices. Massage was amazing!
Gym. This is the biggest miss - at this price point they need a real fitness room. What they have is three old machines in small depressing room off the spa.
Guest rooms. We actually really liked our room. We had a Deluxe Sea View room which is supposed to be the best until you get into suites. While it was very nice, it was not quite as spectacular as we'd expected. The bathroom has high quality fixtures and toiletries, but is small. The room itself is sort of long and thin and the door to the deck is the only window and is a little small so the room didn't feel bright and open. The view from the deck was stunning but the other room's decks are directly adjacent so its not private. But these are all little nits. Net-net it was a really nice room that just wasn't quite as amazing as we expected.
* Like a lot of Dubrovnik hotels they have an indoor pool and hot tub. Seemed weird on paper but its nice. They have a wall of glass overlooking the water so you almost feel like you're outside. They also have deck chairs overlooking the water and under a glass roof so you can almost sort of sunbathe indoors. Sounds weird but the effect was really nice. And the pool area was usually pretty quiet.
* Its a 15 minute walk into Old Town. The walk itself is great and has pretty views for part of the way. You can also take a long walk to Babin Kuk which has some great views and good places for drinks/dinner.
* You could argue that the are south of town near Sveti Jacov beach is prettier, but we were happy with the location of Hotel Bellevue. We did a walk to the other side and it was a great day trip.
* We also enjoyed day trips to Mljet and Captat and heard great things about Lopud. Mljet and Lopud have beaches with actual sand too!
* Dubrovnik is not great for foodies - especially during high season when fresh fish is in high demand. We had some nice fish and a great dinner at Bugenvila in Captat. But we also ate more pizza and pasta than planned and mostly found dining in Old Town to be tourist-trappy.
* Croatian wine is awesome! Enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HOTEL BELLEVUE DUBROVNIK, one of Europe’s coolest new hotels according to the Sunday Times, is a unique hotel for discerning individual guests with an appreciation for luxury and attention to detail. The hotel is located in a spectacular 30 meter-high clifftop position overlooking the Adriatic, few minutes walking distance from the Old city of Dubrovnik. All 91 luxurious bedrooms and suites have sea views and are equipped with the latest technology. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Prestigia so you can book your Hotel Bellevue Dubrovnik reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.