“Fantastic stay in Dubrovnik”

Hotel Bellevue Dubrovnik
Ranked #3 of 67 Hotels in Dubrovnik
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic stay in Dubrovnik”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I cant recommend this hotel high enough. The rooms, the view, the friendly and highly professional staff has made our stay very memorable.The situation of the hotel is also great,only ten minutes walk into the Old town.The Vapor restaurant in the hotel should definitely be given a try together with Proto and Wandas in town. Wandas fishermans stew is to die for

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Garryrae
Luce B, General Manager at Hotel Bellevue Dubrovnik, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Garryrae,
I appreciate your generous feedback regarding your recent stay at the hotel "Bellevue",Dubrovnik.
Thank you for your recognition of our friendly staff and we are also grateful for your nice comment about food in our restaurant "Vapor",
We are looking forward to welcome you back again.
Hotel "Bellevue",Dubrovnik

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (338)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I've just spent a four night break at this lovely, boutique hotel. It's a short walk downhill (about 10 minutes or so, depending on how fast you're walking!) to the heart of the old town. It's a hefty walk back uphill, so keep this in mind if you aren't so great on your feet. There are tons of buses that you can take however, from the old town to a stop just outside, if you prefer. They run very frequently.
The hotel is exceptionally clean, very quiet and is in a wonderful location in a small bay directly overlooking the Adriatic. It's quirky layout means swapping lifts, depending on where you wish to go and only hotel guests have direct access to the small beach, where loungers, towels etc are provided. The staff are attentive, very friendly and polite without being obtrusive. Thankfully, their English is great so I didn't even have to attempt Croatian! Breakfast is buffet style and much as you would expect but lovely if the sun is shining and you can take it on the terrace overlooking the sea.
The room was actually a little smaller than I would have expected for a five star but completely spotless and the beds were very comfortable. Linen is changed daily. The balcony was a treat! Oh, and the rooms are air conditioned and non smoking.
I used the pool and gym several times and was often the only person there! The pool is gorgeous and not overly chlorinated and there's a medium sized jacuzzi for your use if you wish. The gym is basic but the equipment (currently, two running machines, an elliptical trainer, loose weights and bench and an exercise bike) seems new and in good condition and of 'professional' standard ( not the home type stuff you would normally find).
A highlight for me was my hour long massage in the spa. The therapy room was beautifully lit and, again, spotless. The therapist (masseuse) was just faultless. Clearly very experienced, she basically turned my bones to jelly for an hour and it was worth every penny! ( and it's not cheap but what the heck!). We didn't eat here (not for any particular reason, usually just because we were out and about) but I can recommend the Magellen Restaurant just a very short walk from the hotel. Gorgeous food, fantastic service and very competitive prices.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Lorraine L
Luce B, General Manager at Hotel Bellevue Dubrovnik, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear Lorraine.L
Thank you so much for this wonderful vivid description and valuable comment.We are really flattered and happy to have suach a great feedback.Our aim is to always be up to our guests expectations. We are very excited to know that you loved our location,beach,gym,massage.
We hope to see you agagin soon.
General manager
Hotel Bellevue Dubrovnik
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay at the Bellevue Hotel. We found it to be clean, a bit spartan, however, but the sun deck and the beach make up for the lack of luxury appointings indoors. There is a cave to swim out to and explore. The Adriatic is rocky footing, so bring your swim shoes, but it's delightfully refreshing in the summer heat. You want to swim all day! The hotel offers a breakfast buffet to enjoy at the start of the day, prior to your day in the water, or in Old Town. The hotel is a 15 minute walk to Old Town Dubrovnik, where we went for dinner each night. You can shorten the walk by hopping on the bus, but the walk is scenic and very pleasant. Overall, I would select The Bellvue again for the beach, and proximity to the bus lines.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kathleen G
Dear Kathleen G.
Thank you very much for staying with us and thank you for sharing your kind feedback.
I am delighted to see that you had a great experience with us and I hope we'll have a chance to welcome you back. soon.
Hotel "Bellevue", Dubrovnik
Manchester
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Had a brilliant couple of days at the Bellevue in a room with a sea view and balcony.

The room was beautiful and spotlessly clean, as was the rest of the hotel. The staff were attentive and friendly.

I had a birthday whilst I was there and the hotel left a birthday cake for me in our room - we hadn't told them but the maid must have spotted some birthday cards in our room.

The buffet breakfasts outside on the balcony were great, with loads of choice.

We visited the spa and swimming pool regularly, which also overlooks the sea - it's so well cared for, with lovely staff.

The hotel is about a 10 minute walk up a hill from the old town. You get a great view on the way.

I would recommend anyone in Dubrovnik to stay here. Best hotel we stayed in during our Croatia travels.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank lplay
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We have just come back from a three night stay at this hotel and had a very enjoyable time. The hotel is in a great location by the sea and the sea view room is definitely worth the extra money. Rooms are comfortable and simply furnished.
The staff are very friendly and helpful. We organised a transfer through the hotel and our driver was very friendly and an excellent driver. One of the waiters gave us an excellent restaurant recommendation in the old town which served superb sea food at very reasonable prices.
Breakfast on the terrace is lovely in the mornings and the buffet has good options with additional s you can order.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Luce B, General Manager at Hotel Bellevue Dubrovnik, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear CorneliaHarrison,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on Tripadvisor pages.
We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us ,that you liked our friendly staff and our good food for breakfast.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.
Hotel "Bellevue",Dubrovnik
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Superb hotel hidden from the street, within easy walk to the old town. All rooms have fantastic views of the coast and sea.Small, but secluded pebbles and sand beach accessible by a lift..Hotel staff are very happy, friendly and very attentive to any problem or dilemma. Have eaten in the hotel restaurant twice- excellent service, great and beautifully presented food but little on the pricey side.Good selection of cold and warm food for breakfast.Husband celebrated his birthday during our 8 days stay there and was surprised with wonderful and very tasty birthday cake from the hotel and lovely wishes.What we specially like about our stay there, was the personal meeting of the hotel director who took trouble to talk to the hotel guests at breakfast, to find out about their satisfaction of stay.We definitely hope to go back there in the near future and have already highly recommended to family and friends.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ivo197152
Dear Ivo197152,
First and foremost,please,allow me to thank you personally for taking the time to share your general impression on our hotel .Thank you for pointing out our food in the hotel restaurant "Vapor" as well as a food for breakfast.
It was my pleasure meeting you and I hope that we will have opportunity of welcoming you back in the hotel Bellevue in the near future.
General Manager of hotel "Bellevue",Dubrovnik
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I went to Dubrovnik for the first time, recently. After shopping through countless hotel options, I settled on the Hotel Bellevue. I had a very early start to my day to get to Dubrovnik, but upon arriving in the hotel, and seeing all the smiling, friendly, and helpful staff, my day already got better. Then I saw the view from my balcony and was awestruck. Dubrovnik is a stunning city, and this hotel provides a phenomenal view of one of the many lovely vistas. The staff were always helpful and pleasant. They provided excellent, friendly drivers to and from the airport at a fee. And when there was a misunderstanding, on my part, about a payment, the issue was immediately fixed, with no stress. Nicely placed just outside the old city (about a 15 minute, nearly direct route by foot), with a lovely beach below, I was really happy with the overall hotel. I had some of the best sleep I've ever had in a hotel (I tend to never sleep through the night at home or traveling). It's quiet and peaceful. I had a great stress-free trip, in part thanks to the staff and the hotel itself. It's a fantastic hotel and I look forward to visiting again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank CLS918
Luce B, General Manager at Hotel Bellevue Dubrovnik, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear CLS918,
Thank you very much for your passionate words. It is great to read that you had a memorable stay with us and we are also greatful for your nice comments on our comfortable beds.
We hope to welcome you again soon in the near future.
Luce Baća