“Perfect Finish”

Hotel Bellevue Dubrovnik
Ranked #3 of 68 Hotels in Dubrovnik
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We spent three nights here after completing a week long sail off the Dalmatian Coast before returning to Australian and couldn't have wished for a better place to finish our amazing holiday to Croatia.From the arrival until our departure the staff were attentive and helpful and respected our privacy.Except for our tourist excursions there was no need to leave the hotel as there was everything we needed ,from food, drink, spa therapy, hairdresser and beach . Thank you to Hotel Bellevue and will definitely be recommending you to our friends from 'down under'

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony so as to sit outside and enjoy the view.
2  Thank Coral M
Luce B, General Manager at Hotel Bellevue Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear CoralM,
Thank you for recommendation to all Tripadvisor's travellers and readers as well as to your friends.
I am so happy to read that you enjoyed all aspects of our hotel.
Thank you very much for pointing out our attentive and helpful staff. I hope that you will choose hotel "Bellevue" again whenever your travels bring you back to Dubrovnik in the future.
Hotel "Bellevue" Dubrovnik

Write a ReviewReviews (1,570)

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Staff is extremely helpful, friendly and attentive.

Room was clean, modern, quiet, comfortable, and had a great sea view.

Restaurant is one of the best places we found to eat in Dubrovnik during our 4 day stay here. Good food and once again very friendly staff. Again great sea views from the restaurant terraces.

The hotel is located about 10 minutes walk from the old town. It's an easy and pleasant walk on the way there, but in the summer heat one might want to take a cab on the way back since its uphill (cab goes for about 60 HRK).

There is a very nice beach right by the hotel. There is direct elevator access from within the hotel.

The spa is good. Had a couple of great massages there. They also have saunas, jacuzzi, indoor pool, etc.

We did have some problems with the shower in our room, but everything was very promptly addressed within an hour of reporting the issue.

Room Tip: There is live music at the bar until 10 pm. If you sleep earlier than that, ask for a room in a lowe...

Dear Evieito,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed all that our hotel has to offer and we truly look forward of welcoming you back to Dubrovnik and hotel "Bellevue" in the near future.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

The staff at this hotel were lovely. We changed rooms once as the bed was abit soft and my back was hurting but they couldn't have been more accommodating. It was my fiance's birthday and the maid must have seen his birthday cards on the side and when we returned they had put a cake in our room and written a letter to congratulate him. The rooms had a lovely view and the little cove beach was very pretty. The spa was great, we had two massages because they were soo nice.

Room Tip: They all have a view over the sea but choose the rooms on the left hand side of the reception as th...
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Beautiful hotel. We were here for a mere two nights, but I would love to go back for longer. We drove up, and from that moment, we were taken care of. Someone came to greet the car, without any prompting they parked our car for us and unpacked/delivered our luggage. Movie star treatment!

The room was large with a spectacular view and had nice clean hardwood floors. There was a snack awaiting us in the room, with a personal welcome note, and roses. Drinks at the spice bar allowed us to take some great pictures of an amazing sunset. The breakast was perfect. Tea, fresh squeezed OJ, smoked salmon, poached salmon, rocket, asparagus, and fresh fruit.

At the beach (a less frequented nook), there was plenty of hotel seating, and bar service. Dinner was equally perfect with a great table, elegant and tasty food, fabulous wine, and a gorgeous sunset. Fabulous! Oh, and best wifi of our two week trip. :)

1  Thank Kat B
Reviewed 17 July 2014

My husband and I stayed in the Hotel Bellevue at the end of May 2014 to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We had a suite. I really don't think the photos of the hotel on the official website do the Bellevue justice - it is a beautiful hotel and the beach is fantastic. I loved the L'Occitane products in the bathrooms. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I really loved this hotel - it has a real mix of the feel of a proper 5 star and boutique hotel.

The weather was fantastic so we made great use of the beachside restaurant/bar and the sun loungers in the morning, and then did all of our sightseeing in the late afternoon when all the cruise ships/tour buses are starting to leave. Dubrovnik old town is about 20 minutes walk away - we enjoyed the walk as it is mostly along the coast and it's always good to walk off a meal isn't it! It also felt very safe in Dubrovnik at all times, even walking back to the hotel at night.

The breakfast is probably the best I've ever had at any hotel. Lots of choices, hot and cold, and all fresh - served sitting out on the terrace with the beautiful views.

I would recommend walking the walls quite late in the afternoon then finding Buza Bar to sit and have a drink while you look out over the island of Lokrum and watch the sunset. Also take your swim suit and towel as there are a number of little places at/and near Buza Bar where you can jump off the rocks and have a swim.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I spent a *ton* of time trying to figure out where to stay in Dubrovnik and I picked the Bellevue for our group of 6 (two grandparents, two kids, two parents) because:
- luxury property (we wanted a 5 star hotel)
- not too big
- had both a beach and pool (for my kids)
- lovely views off of balconies
- walking distance to old town

We reserved Deluxe sea view rooms (they are slightly longer than most rooms but not wider, you would have to get true suites to get a longer balcony and I thought our balcony was plenty big). This room type allowed us to have one child in each room on a separate twin bed (no pull-out sofas, they place a real twin in your room if you have a third person) while still having a desk area, sofa and club chair to sit in. The room and bathroom were modern decor and well-maintained. The balcony was just wonderful at all hours of the day to sit on and take in the sea, rocks and beach below. There were virtually no children at this hotel - our kids might have been the only ones we saw in 4 nights but they were perfectly accepting and accommodating of them. This was the most expensive property we came across on our extensive trip through Slovenia and Croatia but I didn't necessarily think it was bad value.

The main restaurant is lovely - a beautiful patio with those same views. Food is great - breakfast is an ample selection of everything and tasty. Dinner was also quite good. Service is kind, attentive and helpful. We also ate at the beachside restaurant for lunch one day - that was not so great and service was very slow.

The pool and spa are indoors: my husband liked his massage and I had a great pedicure. The kids really enjoyed the pool, a bit chilly for me, but there's also a heated jacuzzi. The beach area is just amazing, you can watch kids jumping off the cliffs all day long and the bay is calm and swimmable for all ages (very rocky though, better bring some water shoes!) There are plenty of private chairs for hotel guests (on the beach on one side or on a raised patio on the other side) but there are also lots of other people on the beach on their beach towels which in my opinion sort of added to the charm of the place b/c the people watching was fascinating. We spent a full day just at the beach and really enjoyed soaking up that European style beach vacation (so different than a day in the Caribbean.)

You can walk into old town Dubrovnik in about 15-20 minutes - it's not a difficult walk and is quite safe but there is lots of traffic so be careful. In the end I was happy we weren't jammed in the midst of the chaotic old town - it was fun to visit (we went back multiple times in one day) for sightseeing and dining but I wouldn't want to stay inside it.

The concierge Barbara was really great - she helped us set up a lovely day trip on a private boat to the Elaphite islands which worked out great and when my daughter got an ear infection they were also able to both get a doctor to the room (at 6:30 a.m.) and to reschedule our boat trip to the following day. Those islands are perfect for the day, by the way, very close (not such a long time trying to get out and back like between Split and Hvar or Vis) and we really enjoyed the slow cruise, the long lunch and the lazy towns. She also made some spot-on dinner recommendations.

Overall I was very happy with our choice to stay here. I think the location of this hotel is very unique and you won't find another one like it in Dubrovnik (trust me, I spent hours picking this place.)

Room Tip: I believe all rooms will have balconies with fabulous views, so pick the size that works for you. B...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank ChiquiMonster
Luce B, General Manager at Hotel Bellevue Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2014

Dear ChiquiMonster,
Thank you very much for posting such a positive review following your stay at the hotel "Bellevue,Dubrovnik.
We are thrilled to read that you have enjoyed our hotel and services offered to our guests,especially the location,our beach,food in the restaurant Vapor.Thank you for your praising words about Barbara our concierge. I will share it with her personally.
I would like once again to thank you for your review. My team and I are looking forward of welcoming you back to the hotel "Bellevue" in the nearest future,
General manager

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stayed in this hotel only for three nights. Unfortunately the weather was unexpectedly rainy in July. The rooms I believe all have sea view, which is very beautiful. The breakfast was very good. They have open buffet as well as a few selections from the menu. The indoor swimming pool was lovely, but not big. It might be a good alternative on a rainy day but don't think you can swim there. There was a nice spa which I used and enjoyed. And the beach is lovely but you can't compare it to the beaches on the west of Dubrovnik. If you stay longer you might want to go to the other beaches to enjoy the sea more. The hotel is 15 minutes walk to the old town which is very convenient but with small children you might want to stay either in a hotel nearer to old own for night life or in a hotel near the big beaches for enjoying the sun

Room Tip: All the rooms have sea view. We stayed in a room for two with our 11 year old son. The room was big...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank fulya_arman

Dear Fulya_Arman,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on Tripadvisor's pages. I am glad to know that you enjoyed our rooms with beautiful sea view,our buffet breakfast,our spas,our location.
I hope that your small children enjoyed also even our beach is not suitable for small children
because it is pebble beach - not sandy beach.
I hope to see you and your family again in our hotel.