We stayed 5 nights at Valamar Dubrovnik President Hotel from June 21st through June 26th, 2011. Overall the hotel is very nice. They have a good, helpful front desk staff. The rooms are well appointed and kept very clean (even though the double bed is actually two singles pushed together) with nice furnishings, a mini bar, safe and a sitting area and with extremely nice balconies overlooking the sea and the beach. The beach is not sand, but is rock which we found we actually prefer because there is no sand to stick you. The beach is clean and the water is crystal clear. The beach lounge chairs are nice with individual canopies, the hotel beach towels are large and they also provide large beach umbrellas. Chairs were always available. The beach bar and restaurant was a bit dissappointing. The service was slow -- the waiters hardly ever checked on us and it took a long time to get drinks and food and the check. The food was only average at best and sometimes very bad -- we couldn't figure out what kind of "meat" was on the hamburger so we just stuck to fries and salads from then on out. The hotel buffet breakfast was good with a large variety of choices - even delicious smoked salmon. However, again, just like at the beach restaurant, the wait staff who poured coffee and set up tables were a bit disorganized. They were always working but seemed to get very little done. I always had to wait for coffee service. Better organization would solve the problem. There was always "entertainment" in the bar area inside at night but we passed by a couple of times and it was always very bad entertainment and music - dated and very unentertaining. It was only a 15 minute very nice walk to the closest town along the sea. A bus for the Walled City of Dubrovnik is very conveniently located right outside of the hotel and discounted bus tickets can be bought at the front desk. The bus conveniently starts at the hotel every 10-15 minutes and then picks up passengers along the way and ends at the Walled City. We had three massage treatments in the hotel's spa which were all very well done and a good value. In fact, the massages are some of the best we've ever had. Our massage therapist's name is Miro (?) and he's very good. I would highly recommend this resort to anyone staying in Dubrovnik.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This exquisite hotel has undergone an extensive renovation to provide you with the ultimate Dubrovnik experience. Unique beachfront location on the tip of the green Babin Kuk peninsula, only few minutes from the enchanting Old Town of Dubrovnik, provides its guests not only with spectacular views, but also with an unparalleled feeling of unity with nature and the crystal blue sea from every corner of the hotel. Whether you're looking for a romantic retreat or a place for true indulgence, you'll love the brand new look and feel great in Valamar's first five star hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, TravelUp, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelsClick so you can book your Valamar Dubrovnik President Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- President Hotel Dubrovnik
- Hotel Dubrovnik President
- Dubrovnik Hotel President
- Hotel President Dubrovnik