I went to croatia with a good friend in June. for our last night in the country we deceided to splash out and stay somewhere really nice, so after reading around on Tripadvisor we booked this hotel. it is a nice hotel with a really interesting design and all the rooms have seaviews. unfortunately, despite us booking a twin room and indicating on the booking that we wanted 2 beds, when we arrived in our room it only had a queen bed that could not be separated. we rang reception and asked to be shifted to a twin room. after a bit of delay we were shifted to a twin room 426b. it clearly hadn't been used for a while because there was a coating of dust on the card on the bed. more of a problem though was that is smelt replusive. we aired it out for a while hoping that would help but when it didn't we rang reception again and asked to be shifted because of the smell. i have travelled a lot, and slept in some odd smelling hotel rooms, but nothing like this. i have never asked to be shifted from a room before, other than when the bedding configuration wasn't right. the smell was hard to describe, a cross between sewage and a dead animal. when we rang front desk we were told there were no other twin rooms available in the hotel but they could send down housekeeping with an airfreshener. this did not help. in hindsight i wish i had thought to ask if they had another double room and asked for/paid for an extra room so that my friend could go back to the first room we were allocated and i could go to another room. needless to say we didn't sleep well, the comfy beds and pillows could not make up for the smell.
the following morning my friend went back to the front desk, where a new staff member was on duty, and mentioned to him about being in a room that smelt terrible and he knew immediately which room we had been in without her saying, so clearly there is a known problem with the room.
yes, the location and the sunset was lovely, but our stay was spoiled by our room. we also found the restaurant staff in the evening slow, rude and unhelpful. food was okay.
the beach was a nice pebble beach with nice sunloungers/towels/umbrellas supplied for hotel guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This exquisite hotel has undergone an extensive renovation to provide you with the ultimate Dubrovnik experience. Unique beachfront location on the tip of the green Babin Kuk peninsula, only few minutes from the enchanting Old Town of Dubrovnik, provides its guests not only with spectacular views, but also with an unparalleled feeling of unity with nature and the crystal blue sea from every corner of the hotel. Whether you're looking for a romantic retreat or a place for true indulgence, you'll love the brand new look and feel great in Valamar's first five star hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Valamar Dubrovnik President Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- President Hotel Dubrovnik
- Hotel Dubrovnik President
- Dubrovnik Hotel President
- Hotel President Dubrovnik