Valamar Dubrovnik President Hotel
US$548
US$746
US$723
1,696 results
All reviewsbeach bistroromantic roomthe buspiano barprivate beachold townstar hotelsea viewbeach shoesthe hotel shopa la carte restaurantsuperior roomoutdoor poollovely hotelbuffet dinnerwelcome drinklarge terrace
Reviewed 21 August 2011

After a 10nights stay with my wife and a newborn child at the hotel, this is what I can say about the hotel:

Whats good?:
The hotel looks nice from the outside.
The rooms are nice, with a huge balcony/terrace overlooking the Adriatic Sea
The beach is nice and clean.
The breakfast was ok.
infant bed on request
Reception personell excelled.

Whats bad?:
Service...horrible. It was always good intended, but...waiting for 22minutes to get some kind of service at the "Ala carte restaurant" was just not acceptable. Service at the breakfast table was usualy not existing ( even though there were planty of waiters working ).
It was very irritating to have had to phone the service at the beach everytime we wanted to go the beach with a stroller. Because of the stroller, we had to use the backdoor to come the beach which was always closed.
The price of 200Eur pr night is an OK price to pay for a hotel that excells in every way, but this hotel is not worth the price.
The elevator was often broken.
The floor in our room was never, not once in 10days washed, even though it was very filthy.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
DubrovnikPresident, Manager at Valamar Dubrovnik President Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2011

Dear Mr Ajdin,
Thank you for taking time to write a review. I am glad you found part of our amenities suitable for your enjoyment.
However i feel sorry our service didnt meet your expectations. We will do our best to make our service staff satisfactory next time you are here.
I also understand nuisance regarding side entrance to the beach but we keep this doors locked for security reasons.
Thank you for your understanding.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 15 August 2011

We just returned from a week at Valamar's President ... Simply PERFECT !! . First , the MOST special ... THE PEOPLE !! The team there is always willing to help you , with great attitude and smile ... Special THANKS to Zeljko and Ruzica .. you are great !
The hotel is OUTSTANDING !! highly recommended ... super clean, great taste, AMAZING views from each room ... breakfast is fantastic .... No need for a car , you have the bus at the door of the hotel that will get to Dubrovnik in 10 minutes ...
The beach is peeble, but you can walk around or take boats to the islands ... or have fun with a trip with the boat guys ... Saludos from Argentina !!!!

Room Tip: All rooms have great views
1  Thank DiegoR_10
DubrovnikPresident, Manager at Valamar Dubrovnik President Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2011

Dear DiegoR_10,

Thank you very much for this wonderful comments and thank you for recognizing the effort and dedication of all our staff. We take great pride in our service and courtesy.
Your wonderful comments are an insentive and inpulse to continuously work hard to keep our service level high.
Thank you once more and looking forward to your next visit,

Reviewed 14 August 2011

Together with my wife, we stayed 7 days. Our room was perfect. Service we got was perfect. Hotel management was very friendly. FOM John was very sensitive at guest requests. For our 31.th Wedding year I asked a “nice room”. When we arrived, our room was very lovely decorated. Our bed was full of rose flowers and there is also very lovely hearth shape pillow on the bed. It was fantastic. And I will not forget Ivan, Hotel manager. He was very polite and the wine he sent to our room was unforgettable.
During our stay we ate 2 times at hotel's a la carte restaurant, I suggest every guest to eat at this restaurant at terrace during sunset.
Breakfast buffet and the scenery from terrace was very good.
Beach is nice but a little bit crowded on week-ends. Snack bar at beach is OK for lunch.
In general, the Hotel is very clean. Rooms are big enough and very quiet.
Overall, I suggest this hotel for everybody, and I am sure we also will come back.
atilla atalay

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
DubrovnikPresident, Manager at Valamar Dubrovnik President Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2011

Dear Mr Atalay,
Thank you very much for staying with us and for your recomendation.
I am very glad you had a perfect holiday and I am looking forward to your next visit when all our staff will be waiting for you.
Lot of greetings to Istanbul

Reviewed 12 August 2011

Although a tiny bit outside the beautiful city of Dubrovnik, worth it for the lovely views from all rooms over the Adriatic (with a large terrace off the room) and private beach below. If you have a rented car it's easy to get into the city but really not worth it since a local bus stops right outside the hotel to take you to right outside the old city and the service runs frequently (at least in the summer). Friendly reception staff (not our experience everywhere in Croatia) and a varied and complete breakfast with lots of tables on a terrace outside, weather permitting. We ate dinner a couple of times in their a la carte restaurant and the food was very good. The room was large and both it and the bathroom were kept very clean. The beach (although pebbles) is beautiful and sunbeds and umbrellas are provided. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
DubrovnikPresident, Manager at Valamar Dubrovnik President Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for this lovely comments.
It makes me very happy to see satisfied guest whose holliday went perfectly.
Hope to see you again in our hotel.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 10 August 2011

Beautiful room !!

Service was ok , not what I would expect from 4 star , but acceptable. I learnt very quickly who to get to help me!

Breakfast on my first day was crazy and no service pretty much. But the rest of the time it was fine.

Room on arrival had a horrific smell and there was things left in there, I was also charged for things not used.

I would stay here again but prefer other places.

One of the best beds I have ever slept in!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo

Dear Blissemo,

Thank you for staying in our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed the mentioned amenities.
We will most certainly look in to this metter regarding oversights if any occured.
Kind regards