“Is correct To All ...Above 4STAR”

Valamar Dubrovnik President Hotel
Ranked #10 of 68 Hotels in Dubrovnik
Reviewed 5 September 2011

Check in within 5min x all well prepare,begs been carry n send without asking so much..above 5star.Location in front the beach ,all rooms sea facing.Free wifi in room.Breakfast was so GREAT...1thing the all staff work like family members.I shall look forward return with this kind of hotel in my life & services which not easy to find in Dubrovnik.Tq all the staff & manager on duty when my group from Malaysia staying there & they all have wondeful time.Please keep up this kind of services...and i trust all your team will able to make this hotel Proud.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Frankieswea
DubrovnikPresident, Manager at Valamar Dubrovnik President Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2011

Dear Frankieswea,
Thank you for this lovely review.
I am glad you recognized our effort to make our guests satisfied.
Looking forward to host your group again in near future.

Reviewed 1 September 2011

We booked this hotel, because of the beach. The beach was great and beach furniture as well. The romantic room was really nice, but that’s probably all we liked about the hotel. Everybody has different expectations and experiences, so I won’t list everything that happened to us. But my overall opinion: it’s far from being a 4 star hotel. Very far. We proved it once again, as we checked in to a 4-star hotel in Venice, where we flew directly from Dubrovnik.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank natasha_nj
DubrovnikPresident, Manager at Valamar Dubrovnik President Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2011

Dear Natasha,
I would still like to thank you for staying in Valamar Dubrovnik President hotel and also for taking time to write a review.
I am sorry we did not fully meet your expectations but on the other hand I am glad you enjoyed your romantic room and also our beach. As you say, everyone has different expectations and opinion but I am pleased we could make your stay enjoyable regarding some of our amenities such as room and beach.

Thank you once again and kind regards,

Reviewed 1 September 2011

Mom and myself stayed here for a few days after the cruise on the Marija Magdalena.Hotel is nice,clean and comfortable.Reception staff very good..we turned up one day ahead of schedule but was accommodated...first room had the "smell"of which other reviewers complained,but reception gave us a "smell free" room...manager very good to me when I cut my finger during supper instead of the Prosciutto(!),taking me to hospital etc.As other reviewers reported bus outside the hotel to old town is straight forward.The President is one of a cluster of Valamar properties and I think the information in the room could have made one aware that one could swim,eat etc at the other properties.In the end we ended up swimming at the open air fresh water pool of the Tirena(President has a covered pool) as well as having a meal at their buffet(cheaper than President)There is also a small "mall" just outside Tirena were one can buy water,alcohol,sweets etc as well as restaurants,bars and souvernir shops.Negative things about the hotel:The food at the a la Carte restaurant was expensive and not up to scratch.I pointed out that my food was still frozen,but as the waiting lady was so kind,I did not want to push matters.Also that lift!!We fried everytime we used it and in the end rather used the stairs!! All in all a nice stay and I will stay here again.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying at our hotel and for taking time to write a review.
I am glad you enjoyed your time spent here i am glad everthing worked out fine.
Thank you for pointing out opportunities for improvement.
We will do our best to resolve them until next time you are here.

Reviewed 27 August 2011

My partner and I have been lucky enough to have two stays this year at this gorgeous hotel.

We were so impressed with our first visit in June. We could not wait until next year to go back, so we arranged the August booking direct with John the reception manager who organised another perfect stay.
The rooms are lovely and clean and all have fantastic sea views and a wonderful site every evening of the sun setting.

The staff are all very friendly and helpful especially at the meal times .They work very hard to make sure all the tables have excellent service.

The food is great - We loved the buffet breakfast, such a varied selection of food and a lovely chef who will cook your omelette or fried egg just how you like it. The evening meal was also splendid.

All in all a perfect hotel – we cannot wait to go back next year.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tracey B
DubrovnikPresident, Manager at Valamar Dubrovnik President Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2011

Dear Tracy
thank you very much for staying at our hotel and I also use this opportunity to thank you for recognizing the effort and of our staff.
We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay so much and I am allready looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 21 August 2011

After a 10nights stay with my wife and a newborn child at the hotel, this is what I can say about the hotel:

Whats good?:
The hotel looks nice from the outside.
The rooms are nice, with a huge balcony/terrace overlooking the Adriatic Sea
The beach is nice and clean.
The breakfast was ok.
infant bed on request
Reception personell excelled.

Whats bad?:
Service...horrible. It was always good intended, but...waiting for 22minutes to get some kind of service at the "Ala carte restaurant" was just not acceptable. Service at the breakfast table was usualy not existing ( even though there were planty of waiters working ).
It was very irritating to have had to phone the service at the beach everytime we wanted to go the beach with a stroller. Because of the stroller, we had to use the backdoor to come the beach which was always closed.
The price of 200Eur pr night is an OK price to pay for a hotel that excells in every way, but this hotel is not worth the price.
The elevator was often broken.
The floor in our room was never, not once in 10days washed, even though it was very filthy.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
DubrovnikPresident, Manager at Valamar Dubrovnik President Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2011

Dear Mr Ajdin,
Thank you for taking time to write a review. I am glad you found part of our amenities suitable for your enjoyment.
However i feel sorry our service didnt meet your expectations. We will do our best to make our service staff satisfactory next time you are here.
I also understand nuisance regarding side entrance to the beach but we keep this doors locked for security reasons.
Thank you for your understanding.

Reviewed 15 August 2011

We just returned from a week at Valamar's President ... Simply PERFECT !! . First , the MOST special ... THE PEOPLE !! The team there is always willing to help you , with great attitude and smile ... Special THANKS to Zeljko and Ruzica .. you are great !
The hotel is OUTSTANDING !! highly recommended ... super clean, great taste, AMAZING views from each room ... breakfast is fantastic .... No need for a car , you have the bus at the door of the hotel that will get to Dubrovnik in 10 minutes ...
The beach is peeble, but you can walk around or take boats to the islands ... or have fun with a trip with the boat guys ... Saludos from Argentina !!!!

Room Tip: All rooms have great views
1  Thank DiegoR_10
DubrovnikPresident, Manager at Valamar Dubrovnik President Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2011

Dear DiegoR_10,

Thank you very much for this wonderful comments and thank you for recognizing the effort and dedication of all our staff. We take great pride in our service and courtesy.
Your wonderful comments are an insentive and inpulse to continuously work hard to keep our service level high.
Thank you once more and looking forward to your next visit,

Reviewed 14 August 2011

Together with my wife, we stayed 7 days. Our room was perfect. Service we got was perfect. Hotel management was very friendly. FOM John was very sensitive at guest requests. For our 31.th Wedding year I asked a “nice room”. When we arrived, our room was very lovely decorated. Our bed was full of rose flowers and there is also very lovely hearth shape pillow on the bed. It was fantastic. And I will not forget Ivan, Hotel manager. He was very polite and the wine he sent to our room was unforgettable.
During our stay we ate 2 times at hotel's a la carte restaurant, I suggest every guest to eat at this restaurant at terrace during sunset.
Breakfast buffet and the scenery from terrace was very good.
Beach is nice but a little bit crowded on week-ends. Snack bar at beach is OK for lunch.
In general, the Hotel is very clean. Rooms are big enough and very quiet.
Overall, I suggest this hotel for everybody, and I am sure we also will come back.
atilla atalay

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
DubrovnikPresident, Manager at Valamar Dubrovnik President Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2011

Dear Mr Atalay,
Thank you very much for staying with us and for your recomendation.
I am very glad you had a perfect holiday and I am looking forward to your next visit when all our staff will be waiting for you.
Lot of greetings to Istanbul