We are currently staying at the Valamar President. We have been in a newly refurbished room for the last 6 nights. Overall, the hotel is nice. It's once you have been here a couple of days that you start to notice the cracks.
The main draw to this hotel is that amazing views of the ocean it provides. We saw the most beautiful sunsets we have ever seen here.
There is no entertainment other than a piano bar at night. There is no music on the beach. The "beach" is covered in pebbles and very uncomfortable to walk on. If you want a drink you have to get up and walk all the way to the understaffed cafe and get your own. We could not understand that there was not waiters walking around asking people if they wanted anything to eat or drink on the beach. If you don't have shoes you will be in pain. There is only 1 place to eat lunch. It's at the beach. The menu is awful. There is absolutely no selection other than a frozen burger, a couple of sandwiches and very overpriced seafood that is nothing special.
The pool was nice but freezing cold and filled with loud children. It was not pleasant as a couple to be around loud children. There should be separate pools for children. For the price of the hotel it should be much more equipped than it is.
They are stingy with the towels. They don't clean dirty glasses in the room. We ordered room service. It was 2 cappuccinos and the price to have them delivered to our room was more than the price of the actual drinks. 2 cappuccinos cost us 13 Euro. They were small and had only 1 shot of espresso.
The trip to the airport cost us 50 Euro each way. The hotel is on the far end of the peninsula which makes it about a 30 minute bus ride to the old town. It stops at every pickup spot on the way.
The new rooms are nice and well decorated with high quality. The staff seems undertrained or not trained at all but somewhat friendly.
Overall it was a decent stay but much more expensive that it should have been. If you compare this hotel on global scale it is missing so many details that make it not worth the price.
I would not come back although like I said it wasn't terrible, just not a good value for the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This exquisite hotel has undergone an extensive renovation to provide you with the ultimate Dubrovnik experience. Unique beachfront location on the tip of the green Babin Kuk peninsula, only few minutes from the enchanting Old Town of Dubrovnik, provides its guests not only with spectacular views, but also with an unparalleled feeling of unity with nature and the crystal blue sea from every corner of the hotel. Whether you're looking for a romantic retreat or a place for true indulgence, you'll love the brand new look and feel great in Valamar's first five star hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Agoda, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, LateRooms, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Valamar Dubrovnik President Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- President Hotel Dubrovnik
- Hotel Dubrovnik President
- Dubrovnik Hotel President
- Hotel President Dubrovnik