We have just returned from our fantastic hotel in Dubrovnik. It was our first time to Croatia ,and we loved all that the country had to offer .
On arriving at the hotel ,we were very impressed with the beautiful views you get immediately stepping into the reception area . The surroundings of this hotels have all the makings of a 5 star ,but the service lets it down.
We had booked a Deluxe room which are mainly found on the 4th floor .However ,the guaranteed sea view was not really there ,you could see a little from the distance. You also have another level of building in front of your view ,which spoilt it . However ,the next morning we upgraded to the 7th floor - just stunning .Great Room ,stunning views.
All was well ............
There are some real stars at this hotel and some hopeless individuals that clearly do not want to work there or service its customers .Everything at the hotel is hard work to get - coffee in the morning at breakfast ,a table cleared and reset, ordering drinks round the pool - you have to work very hard to get someone's attention .
The food was great ,both breakfast and evening meal .We didn't go half board - we went out into the old town to dinner mostly - restaurants I can recommend - Dominos ,Defne,360,Nautika,Hotel More -lovely cave bar and great restaurant -fantastic..
We ate one night at the Beach restaurant - absolutely appalling .Food tasteless when it arrived some 1.5 hrs later after ordering .
The issue here is yes they have recently reopened ,but most of the staff have worked for the hotel for years ! There seems to be a complete lack of actual management -but lots of men in suits huddled in the corner doing absolutely nothing .It is directionless . At the beginning of the trip we laughed about the dismissive behaviour we incurred ,by the end of the 10days our sense of humour dwindled some what .Especially for the price we were paying.
On our last day we spoke to an assistant manager - I thought was great ( come out of your office more ) and he listened and dealt with our concerns .Fantastic. However on check out ,the bill was wrong .Nothing we had agreed was deleted from the bill and we had to deal with that issue also .
Such a shame .As I said ,it didn't spoil our holiday ,it was just nonsense you just didn't want to have to deal with at a 5 star hotel.
Lastly a tip - if you want a Spa treatment you need to book a week in advance !! The Spa is shared with other Valamar hotels in the area and all they had was 7pm appointments 7 days later than we wanted them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This exquisite hotel has undergone an extensive renovation to provide you with the ultimate Dubrovnik experience. Unique beachfront location on the tip of the green Babin Kuk peninsula, only few minutes from the enchanting Old Town of Dubrovnik, provides its guests not only with spectacular views, but also with an unparalleled feeling of unity with nature and the crystal blue sea from every corner of the hotel. Whether you're looking for a romantic retreat or a place for true indulgence, you'll love the brand new look and feel great in Valamar's first five star hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Priceline, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Valamar Dubrovnik President Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- President Hotel Dubrovnik
- Hotel Dubrovnik President
- Dubrovnik Hotel President
- Hotel President Dubrovnik