Valamar Dubrovnik President Hotel
Villa Dubrovnik(Dubrovnik)
US$494
US$477
1,650 results
All reviewsbeach bistroromantic roomthe buspiano barprivate beachold townstar hotelsea viewbeach shoesthe hotel shopa la carte restaurantsuperior roomoutdoor poollovely hotelbuffet dinnerwelcome drinklarge terrace
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed 5 nights. The hotel is very new and large but it lacks any character. Such a pity because they could have done so much more with the amazing view and location.

The facilities are great. Nice pools, plenty of space and the private access to the beach is really nice too. However, the service is pretty appalling for a 5-star hotel. Staff are not rude but rather curt and not very friendly. The inconsistencies are also quite annoying - some staff will serve tap water, others simply refuse to. We ordered a simple plain pasta dish with butter for my son, they charged us the full price of a spaghetti putanesca. Little things like that spoiled the experience a bit. Housekeeping is also shoddy. Dirty wine glasses were left uncleared, garbage bins unemptied.

Location is great though. Just a short bus ride to the Old City and the bus station is just across from the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I am a luxury hotel addict. My choice of this hotel is another huge success, though it was my first ever trip to Croatia, which turned out to be a zillion more beautiful than I expected.

This hotel is an entirely new establishment. Every corner oozes an air of newness and a lot more important, a quality of sophistication. The lobby is huge, airy and enriched by an ocean view. The receptionists are all very polite and pleasant. Jasmina, my receptionist, is an all-time smiley lady whose warmth feels just so wonderful.

Transport is no issue. The local bus No.6 stops exactly opposite the hotel gate. It takes only 15 or 20 minutes to get into the old town, where a galaxy of wonderful restaurants, bars, pubs, shops converge in a pleasant labyrinth.

Breakfast area must have been done by a divine designer: it looks so tasty. Food variety is large. Every bite is a true delight.

Rooms are appointed to a very high standard. Mine looks onto the outdoor pool, just wonderful.

My advice is that you MUST try the hotel spa. My therapist Tomislavg is one of this world’s best massage experts: her fingers worked wonders on my fatigued body. I have tried many luxury spa lounges around the world, and would like to say, hand on heart, that she is among the BEST.

And the massage price is unbelievably reasonable. So why not treat yourself to a good massage?

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Duncan J
Reviewed 18 August 2014

The hotel overall is great and truly a 5 star experience. The staff are great and extremely friendly and the views / facilities are outstanding. Only issue is that its slightly further away from town but not a major problem :)

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank issaaa
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Never been to Croatia before and was not sure what to expect. Wondered what the service would be like. The hotel arranged transfer from airport and we received a warm welcome from our driver. First impressions of the hotel impressive large reception area with wonderful view's of the Adriatic. Reception staff friendly but some very young and some seemed to struggle understanding some English. Our room was not ready as we arrived early. We were given a welcome glass of sparkling wine and had a very nice lunch by the lovely pool which was a good size with lots of available sunbeds and double beds for couples. At first I was disappointed that our room was on the first floor overlooking the private pebble beach but have to say the room was really lovely and I liked the location and you don't have to be high up to enjoy a wonderful view. One thing I will say is that our balcony was smaller than on all the other floors which was not really a problem but next time would probably ask to be a little higher up just for larger balcony. We stayed bed and breakfast but did eat in hotel 2 nights out of our week stay 5th Aug 2014. Breakfast good with lots of choice and eggs cooked to order. Buffet style nice outdoor dining area. I would suggest that when you go to get your food one of you stays at the table to keep the little birds away. It was a little off putting at times to see the birds helping themselves. Dinner was lovely too with fish or meat cooked to order. Service a little slow at times but overall ok.
Beach lovely but get yourselves some diving shoes to wear on beach and in water.
Dubrovnik old town is aprox 20 mins away by bus right outside hotel cost 12 Kunas each way. Get bus ticket in hotel shop before you go.
Hotel spa looked lovely and the hotel has a fantastic indoor pool.
I could not have a massage in hotel as fully booked but I did have a great massage just a short walk away on the lovely Copacabana Beach.
This hotel overall was great and definitely 5 star would stay again.

The air conditioning could have been a little cooler but the lowest it could be set was 19c.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mistyflowers
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We booked this hotel via a BA deal so, while we were fairly assured of a quality place to stay, to say that our expectations were exceeded would be a massive understatement.

This place has an amazing location on the tip of the Lapad peninsula area of Dubrovnik, is very new so in pristine condition and has all the amenities and great staff you could want on a top-notch holiday.

The sunsets are spectacular, every room has a sea-view balcony from which to see this, and the hotel is right on one of the rocky beaches. The breakfast buffet is good and there's an excellent drinks list as well as nice, light lunch options. There's also a water activity centre based in the hotel at beach level so if you want to rent a kayak, paddle board, or book diving or parasailing, it's right on-site.

Although it's a little ways out of the old town, it's only about 20mins (and 12 kuna) by bus or a short taxi ride to get to the Pile Gate, so we were easily in town most nights to enjoy the nightlife and restaurants there.

I would go back here again and again if I could!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends