Hotel President in Dubrovnik is a c25 min ride from the airport (Kuma 250 by cab) and although it may seem far from Dubrovnik's main attraction - the Old Town - it isn't as a local bus starts/terminates outside the hotel and goes direct to the Old Town. Cost Kuma 10 or Kuma 8 if you purchase tickets from hotel reception.
We had a nice welcome and easy transition to our room which was a good size and clean (+cleaned regularly). There was also a very large terrace which overlooked the sea. In the room the usual 4* accompanients were available (hairdryer, bathroom goodies, including generous supply of shower gel, TV, room service (didn't use). The hotel has a small gym (x3 cardio machines and a weights machine) very modern and adequate. The spa is wonderful, including 2 saunas a steam room a foot spa, outdoor jacuzzi and indoor relaxation room as well as a big indoor swimming pool. You can also book treatments such as massage (which I'd highly recommend) at an additional cost. There's also an on-site hairdresser. There's acess to a small pebble beach and beach bar in a great location. I imagine it would be pretty busy in high season.
Breakfast was good with a wide selection from yoghurt, fruit, croissant to full English (Croatian style). The buffet dinner was excellent and fantastic value for money (compared to external restaurants).
The bar area is open from 8am to midnight and leads out to a terrace overlooking the sea. It's a nice place to hang out during the day or night, but entertainment consisted of a piano player for a few hours on a couple of nights and a band on another. Again this could be because it was low season.
Things will change as we were informed the hotel would close from 1/11/08 for 3 months for renovations to the bar, reception and kitchen/dining areas.
We walked to the nearest town a couple of times c25 mins where there was a pedestrianised street of hotels/restaurants/bars and also a small shopping mall. It was fairly quiet as Oct is low season. However the Old Town did get very busy as there is a daily visit of 2-4 cruise ships into Dubrovnik.
The old town is beautiful and it was great exploring the various museums, shops, churches, etc. This is a walking / climbing, chilled out holiday so steer away if this isn't your thing.
Overall, I would definitely recommend the Hotel President, access is very easy, all the staff were pleasant and extremely helpful (although we did glean much more information about what to do an where to go from a cab driver than the information desk at the hotel).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This exquisite hotel has undergone an extensive renovation to provide you with the ultimate Dubrovnik experience. Unique beachfront location on the tip of the green Babin Kuk peninsula, only few minutes from the enchanting Old Town of Dubrovnik, provides its guests not only with spectacular views, but also with an unparalleled feeling of unity with nature and the crystal blue sea from every corner of the hotel. Whether you're looking for a romantic retreat or a place for true indulgence, you'll love the brand new look and feel great in Valamar's first five star hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Jet2Holidays , Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Valamar Dubrovnik President Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- President Hotel Dubrovnik
- Hotel Dubrovnik President
- Dubrovnik Hotel President
- Hotel President Dubrovnik