Myself and a group of friends stayed at the President for 3 nights in early June, booked through a generic hotel website - word of warning BEWARE "1800Hotels" - we thought we had a really good deal, but when we tried to make a change to the booking the problems began.........they wouldn't answer e-mails and were blaming the volcanic ash disruption for not being able to deal with any enquiries! When we finally got through to them to add an extra person to the booking, then said it was all fine but then didn't send any e-mail confirmation. When we arrived at the hotel, the booking had actually been changed, but somehow it had gone from 2 rooms for 4 people to 1 room for 2 people, when it should have been 2 rooms for 5 people! That should have tipped us off that there was something up but nevertheless, this very accomodating hotel quickly sorted our rooms and provided the extra bedding required.
The hotel itself is 10 minutes from Dubrovnik old town, but the bus stop is right outside and the bus service is very very good - regular and pretty cheap and you don't really need to stay in Dubrovnik itself to explore the city.
The rooms were very comfortable and had lovely views from the balconies, and the funicular which takes you down to them (the hotel is built into a cliff side so is upside down!) was very novel!
The best thing by far at the hotel was the breakfast - none of us have ever seen such a selection on offer - absolutely everything you could think, both hot and cold, and they provided things like soy milk which was a nice touch. The food in the bar was OK, but things like the sweet skewer with chocolate dip was disappointing, it was 5 small pieces of fruit drizzled with a little bit of bottled chocolate sauce - hardly the "white, milk and dark chocolate dip" that was described. But it was much nicer to eat out in Dubrovnik anyway, or in the surrounding area in Lapad.
The private beach was lovely and the Spa facilites were very nice, as was the live music in the bar each evening, be it a piano player or violinists! Being able to be picked up from the hotel's own jetty to go off on tours to neighbouring islands was also very convenient, and the lady on the information desk in the hotel was very helpful when arranging those.
Finally I have to mention JOHN on reception who was absolutely fantastic and we thank him profusely for all his help - when we checked out, the booking that 1800hotels had sent them had said we had ony paid for one room and not two, despite the fact that we definitely booked and paid for two rooms. John tried calling 1800 for us, he spoke to his sales people, he let us use the internet to show him the rate we had booked, basically helped us for over half an hour to resolve the problem - he was AMAZING! We must express our sincere thanks to him, as being stung for more money when we'd already paid in advance could have been a really horrible end to our stay in Dubrovnik!
Thank you John!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This exquisite hotel has undergone an extensive renovation to provide you with the ultimate Dubrovnik experience. Unique beachfront location on the tip of the green Babin Kuk peninsula, only few minutes from the enchanting Old Town of Dubrovnik, provides its guests not only with spectacular views, but also with an unparalleled feeling of unity with nature and the crystal blue sea from every corner of the hotel. Whether you're looking for a romantic retreat or a place for true indulgence, you'll love the brand new look and feel great in Valamar's first five star hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, LateRooms and getaroom.com so you can book your Valamar Dubrovnik President Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- President Hotel Dubrovnik
- Hotel Dubrovnik President
- Dubrovnik Hotel President
- Hotel President Dubrovnik