Just returned a weeks holiday at this hotel, we loved it! From the minute you check in the reception staff speak very good english and make you feel very welcome, they accomodated by high floor room no problem, though i feel a room on any floor still gets the fantastic views.
Room very clean and spacious, with the only small negative is thought the view from your balcony though spectacular, once you sit down the view is obstructed by the shrubs and plantation in front of you, disappointing..
The food was overall very good, breakfast buffet had an excellent choice from fresh fruit to sausages, pancakes etc. The dinner buffet had more choice, but feel over a week they need to vary the menu a bit more as the same things kept appearing. Couple of evenings some fish and potato dishes very quite salty, but improved over the course of the week. We tried the indoor pool and jacuzzi all very nice and the pool is just the right temperature to cool you down from the hot sun!
The pool bar does get very busy, but service is very efficient and food excellent for an outside bar.
A nice touch is the free towel and sunbed hire on the beach, though you do need to get down there before 11 am to get your spot!
The lifts are panaramic and show fantastic views as you travel up, but they didnt always work during our stay, and yes that included the last day when we were checking out with the heavy suitcases! So the stairs it was but to be fair to them, the staff soon responded and came to our aid and lifed the baggage up to reception (the reception is on top floor)
Overall you may be reading i have had a few problems, just some very minor ones, and did not distract from a fantastic holiday and would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. It has a more quiet and trancuil feel to it, its certainly not a family hotel, but for romantic breaks its spot on, though i do feel they could improve the evening entertainment, as there's not a lot to do. just the odd pianist and folk band who appear certain evenings. Other than that you make your own entertainment in the lobby bar.
The bar prices are very reasonable for a hotel and lunch meals are good value too.
Location wise , its not in the middle of Dubrovnik, its about a 30 min bus ride to the old town, but as its at the start of the ride, you always get a seat, but trust me it does get very busy, they certainly pack the bodies in! Need air con in the bus it gets that hot
hope to revisit some day!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This exquisite hotel has undergone an extensive renovation to provide you with the ultimate Dubrovnik experience. Unique beachfront location on the tip of the green Babin Kuk peninsula, only few minutes from the enchanting Old Town of Dubrovnik, provides its guests not only with spectacular views, but also with an unparalleled feeling of unity with nature and the crystal blue sea from every corner of the hotel. Whether you're looking for a romantic retreat or a place for true indulgence, you'll love the brand new look and feel great in Valamar's first five star hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, TravelUp, Priceline, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Valamar Dubrovnik President Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- President Hotel Dubrovnik
- Hotel Dubrovnik President
- Dubrovnik Hotel President
- Hotel President Dubrovnik