Grand Hotel Park
Villa Boro(Dubrovnik)
Hotel Zagreb(Dubrovnik)
Hotel Komodor(Dubrovnik)
1,321 results
All reviewssalt watersea viewthe bushalf boardbars and restaurantsold townindoor pooltravel kettlesea waterstorage spacebuilding workthomson repthe main hotelthe cave barbreakfast and dinnersecond weekgreat holiday
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My family of 4 adults stayed in Grand Park Hotel in May 2014.
My parents had booked a room in the main hotel and my sister and I were in the Annex.
The annex room had a nice view of the grounds but inside was quite grotty and could have been cleaner. Also it was a double bed. So we asked to be moved into the main building. The staff were accommodating and gave us a room on the 1st floor. We had a view of the car park, but we didn’t care. The room itself was massive and very clean, with twin beds.
We were staying half board. The breakfast was lovely. However the dinner could have been better with more choice. Why do hotels insist on charging for water at dinner, when the tap water is perfectly safe?
The interior of the hotel and pool area is lovely well maintained and very clean, however there was building work going on ouside. There is an indoor and outdoor pool, with beach towels available at no cost. The usual story English & Germans reserving sun beds with their towels but not being seen all day went on. Why do hotels allow this to happen?
The Sauna and Steam room was available and again was clean and very nice. The Jacuzzi was out of use all week, and cordoned off. This was disappointing.
There are several bars within the complex and they were all was nice, the pool bar served lovely snacks. Lunch time snacks in the pool bar were often nicer than the restaurant at night.
The hotel is in an excellent location, close to the beach, bus stops into the main town etc.
There are nice bars and shops just outside the hotel.
I enjoyed my stay at the Grand Park Hotel and would go back.

Room Tip: Ask for the main building
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed at the grand park hotel for 1 week in July and would thoroughly recommend it to others. Our room was lovely, very big with plenty of storage. We paid extra for a sea view and I would say that it was well worth it, the higher the floor the better the view. The whole hotel was very clean with a modern but comfortable feel. The breakfast was fantastic, so much choice. We weren't so keen on dinner but I think that was mainly because I am not a big fan of buffets, the actual food as fine but not great. I thought that the dining room could be made a but more romantic with lower lighting. The location of the hotel was absolutely perfect, we found plenty to do around Dubrovnik. The staff were wonderful, very helpful and cheerful.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Stayed here for a week at the end of June, arrived early so could not check in but was able to use facilities so sat by the pool. Our room overlooked the car park which was fine as we sat out late afternoon in the shade, there isn't loads of cupboard space/ drawers but was adequate for our needs seeing as restricted on weight with Thomsons so kept our clothing to a minimum. Beds were comfortable and plenty of hot water in the shower which was a massage shower with lots of different jet points. Food was nice, fresh salads and vegetables plenty of choice and though not exceptional you could always find something that was nice, so no complaints, breakfast was very good had pancakes every day. The bar by the pool served wonderful pizza. The only let down was the sunbeds which were very uncomfortable as hard, the hotel should really have provided cushioned tops for them and people should have been stopped from leaving towels on beds early morning and not coming to the pool until much later in the day, there was a sign to say towels would be removed if left but nothing was done about this which happened every day. Location was great and the surrounding area was lovely for walks, and a bus stop was nearby for a short bus ride onto the Old Town, which was beautiful. I would recommend this hotel for your stay

Room Tip: Go and visit the cave bar
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bideford39
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel end of June and start of July. First of all I would agree with some of the comments that this was not a 4 * hotel I would say if you could have it, its a 3.5*. The let downs - untidy grounds, no tea/coffee making and ironing facility in rooms. That said we had a great holiday and we were well looked after, our room was lovely and cleaned every day with clean towels if needed, and all the staff are brilliant. We stayed half board and the food was very good. I like my food and love to cook so I can not understand some of the negative comments, if you could not find something you liked then you are a very fussy eater. I have to say I did not have one meal which I did not enjoy.
The hotel location is excellent with lovely walks nearby and Dubrovnik, 15 min on a bus, is fantastic. The people are so lovely. Would like to have given an excellent rating but it just fell short. Would I go back to this hotel, yes I would. As for Croatia we want to see more what a lovely place :-)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nigelmdavies
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Just returned from a fantastic 7 day holiday to Dubrovnik staying at this hotel. I would give this hotel 4 stars if a few changes were made. The staff are friendly and helpful and the room was clean and comfortable but lacked storage space and didn't provide tea/coffee making facilities. There was a useful mini bar in the room which we used to store our drinks. Modern bathroom but I hated the shower - too fiddly. Payed extra for a sea view but was given a room on the 1st floor with a glimpse of the sea. I went to reception and asked if we could be moved to a higher floor but was told that all the rooms were fully booked and told to come back the next day to check. To be fair the next day they did say that we could move to a higher floor the following day (which would have been the 3rd day into the holiday), but as we had unpacked everything by then the hassle wasn't worth it. Balcony was small but adequate but those at the front of hotel get very hot in the afternoon/ evening. The food at the hotel was very nice with plenty of choice, although in a 4 star hotel I would expect water to be provided on the table with dinner, but it was not. Did not use the pool as the sunbeds were always taken up (it's the usual annoyance of towels being placed on beds by 8am in the morning) . We did manage to ge a bed one day by the bar area but the smoke coming from a furnace from the onsite taverna was overwhelming so we went to the local beach instead. The local beach is small and pebbly but very nice with the most comfortable sunbeds I have ever used on a beach (cost 40 kunas each for a bed and 30 kunas for umbrella). The beach is overtaken on the weekend though by the locals and can get very busy. The resort is OK with a few bars and restaurants. Recommend the cave bar and the cassa restaurant by the beach. Beware of the local tour/ boat trip touts who line the main strip - they bother you everytime you walk past them. The main point of the holiday was to visit dubrovnik old town and it didn't dissappoint. It is stunning. You must walk the city walls - it takes about 1 - 2 hours (taking your time) and would suggest doing it in the evening around 5 - 6pm when it's quieter and cooler (cost 100 kuna). The views are breathtaking. Take the no 4 bus from lapad to the old town (takes 10-15 minutes). Overall had a fab holiday and would go back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floor if you want a sea view. Although balconies at the front of hotel get very hot in the afternoon/evening.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple