“A great Hotel”

Ranked #26 of 67 Hotels in Dubrovnik
Frankfurt, Germany
“A great Hotel”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

The hotel is directly at Lapad Beach and the Promenade. This means about a 2 mile trip to the Old City (Stare Grad) of Dubrovnik, via cheap bus or €10 taxi. At first, I wanted to stay in the Old City, but they were all booked out.

Honestly I am happy about where I stayed. The promenade at night had at least three outdoor spots with live music. I was able to drink a Gin & Tonic on the beach, relaxing and enjoying the show. The Old City was nice but how many hours can you spend there?

My room had weak wifi at first, but, they changed my room and the wifi was great. The staff was excellent. I sent some clothes to the laundry (I was on a motorcycle through Croatia) but to save money, they pointed me to a very nice laundrette. Breakfast was great, one of the best I have had in a hotel. The bed was comfortable, the room was quiet, and I had a balcony. The pool is nice, the back has a play area for children, and there is secure, on-site parking.

I don't understand the negative reviews here, unless perhaps some rooms aren't quite as nice as others.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Fluglotse1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (406)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Uk
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Currently staying at the Hotel,The hotels plus points,Swimming pool a decent size and clean,plenty of beds and so far not had to get up at the crack of dawn to get one,excellent breakfast,room clean and tidy with excellent bathroom.Good location.pool side bar and taverna very good.

Things that can be improved on,the sun beds are awful like lying on concrete.The hotel itself is a bit soulless,with no atmosphere or entertainment.

lapad beach at the bottom of the hotel is tiny and overcrowded and have stayed clear of it.

Dubrovnik old town is fantastic,but unless you like walking around in hoards of crowds then I would tend to visit in the evening.

There is a restaurant on your doorstep called Madonna which I would recommend. Also need insect repellent in the evening.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Markev1970
Wetherby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We came to Grand Hotel Park Dubrovnik on our Honeymoon and were not disappointed. We stayed for two weeks bed and breakfast. Rooms are as you would expect, compact but fine for a hotel, balcony was on the small side. Food was nice, plenty of choice and loved having pancakes every morning. Pool was good, not enough sun beds and they were the most uncomfortable ones I have ever been on but a short work puts you on the beach which is much better then any pool side could be anyway. Location wise is perfect, Lapad is lovely to walk around on an evening and has everything you would need. A short bus journey will take you to stunning Dubrovnik old town (recommend getting the number 4 bus, much less crowded and a shorter journey).

Overall a fantastic Honeymoon at a great hotel in a perfect location.

Room Tip: Ask for a see view much nicer than inland or looking over the carpark
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2014

A decent option in Dubrovnik and a short direct bus journey into the middle of town. We had a villa next to the hotel which was very large if a little dated. Not the most comfortable bed and a slightly clunky steam shower. We were half board, and the buffet menu was adequate for a short city break with a toddler. There is a nice pedestrianised street adjacent to the hotel with plenty of options for food and drink. There is a nice pool with a lovely park next to the hotel which our 3 yo enjoyed. There are some nice walks along the sea not too far from the hotel. Staff are friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Beverley, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We checked in at the restaurant at 10am after a long journey, only to be told that we couldn't check in for another 4 hours because "it was Sunday!" - this is apparently common place in Croatia but wasn't mentioned to us. Luckily we had swimming costumes handy, but not towels or sun creams, so because it was hot, my blonde, ten year old daughter jumped into the pool but was a little sunburned by the time we could actually check in. The rooms are basic and not deserving of the 4-star rating, we stayed in the main block but I did hear that the additional rooms to the side are a lot more luxurious!
The staff in the restaurant are absolutely lovely, especially Maria and Mato and the food is to a good standard; although maybe lacking in flavour? There were times when we struggled to get a bed by the pool and the beach is also over-crowded BUT beautiful. It didn't help that the weather was changeable: one day thunder and lightning, the next scorching!
The locals (working in supermarkets etc) are very rude and ignorant - they don't give any smiles, they simply take your money and throw any change down onto the side, even if you are holding your hand out! By the end of the fortnight, I was very glad to get home. On a brighter note, the town of Dubrovnik is breath-taking and one of the most beautiful places i have ever visited.

Room Tip: Ask not to be roomed in the main building: rooms very small with tiny balcony - not comfortable for...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2014

we stayed here for a week on 27th july for our wedding in Croatia. mixed thoughts on the hotel, some of it is 4 star, very clean, staff very friendly and helpful. other parts are 3 star and need improvement, especially if Thomson are calling it 4 star. I've stayed in 2 other Thomson 4 stars in menorca and turkey and they were better than this. But don't be put off it is a lovely hotel, I just think Croatia are a bit behind other holiday destinantions that have been around a long time. The food was good, but other Thomson hotels have themed nights every night, which these don't. The rooms are nice though the balconies are tiny.still don't understand why they refuse to let anyone check in before 2pm. the day we arrived was throwing it down with rain so lots of people crammed into the bar and lobby, I asked at 1:45 if we could check in and they wouldn't let us. Another reason they are way behind other Thomson hotels. lots of bars just outside the hotel where happy hours last 4 hours and the cocktails are cheap. My biggest gripe with this hotel though, was the fact that we brought 28 people to the hotel to stay for between 4 days and a week, and the hotel knew we were getting married yet they did absolutely nothing to wish us well, not even a single chocolate. We had the reception at the Dubrovnik palace and they gave us a free suite for the night with champagne and chocolates. The grand park did nothing, except giving me a £12 bill for ironing my wedding shirt for me!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank shentzr
Scotland
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Spent a week at the Park in July on our first visit to Croatia. Were very impressed with the standards in the hotel - cleanliness, friendliness and efficiency of staff and selection of lovely food at both breakfast and dinner.
Lapad is quiet and relaxing but the hotel is perfectly situated near the pedestrianized "strip" where there are quite a few good value restaurants and bars, some with live music which finishes just after 11p.m. Think it's the only place I have ever been on holiday I've been in bed the same day as I got up!! So relaxing.
Just a word of warning. We're used to the usual sunbed booking but this was the first time I've ever experienced sunbed "kidnapping". The sign says, quite correctly, that sunbeds left unattended for over and hour would be cleared. We had been at our sunbeds and had gone for a quick bite to eat (30 mins max) and when we came back, could not see our towels where we had left them. We were just about to leave the pool area when I noticed my towel peeking out from underneath a different coloured one. The "lady" in question had simply laid her towels over the top of ours but wasn't even there to use the beds! Needless to say, we folded up her towels and laid them to the side. A while later the self-same lady did the same thing again to another unsuspecting couple........... Now I think I've seen it all.
In all, had a great holiday and wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Park.

Room Tip: Sea view balconies get the hot afternoon sun - too hot to sit out on. was glad we had a hill facing...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple