We stayed in this hotel last May. Overall, it offers very good value for money. We had a package deal (halfboard and flight) with a tour operator. I have already visited quite some hotels in several countries, so I kind of know what to expect. For exemple, don't expect if you have half board that wine is included, except when it is mentioned...
What I liked most:
- very good location, calme, beautiful surroundings, close to bars, restaurants, beach, busstop very close tor visit old town of Dubrovnik. The area is lovely. since we were there in low season, it was quiet and calm.
- nice pool area with very good poolbar, the barman is really friendly and nice!
Little points of criticism:
- it can get crowded at breakfast and dinner, in the morning if you go at 9.45 h. they already stopped restocking and setting tables
- prices of wine at dinner are very high for regional wine! (so usually we drank water), but I've already gotten used to that problem when taking half board...
- buffet dinner was ok but not spectacular, restaurant wasn't really a nice place to sit, more a cafetaria atmosphere, which I also kind of expected...
Things I really did not aprreciate:
- The staff couldn't really work under pressure, I believe... service in the restaurant is slowish, reception: they could keep you waiting because they were occupied with something else and ignore you...
- At the end of the holiday rooms weren't cleaned that well... They forgot to make the bed once, just emptied the bins and changed the towels. Also there are no other matrass covers than a simple sheet and it can shift very easily ... which is very unhygienic!
So overall, I recommand this hotel for a stay of 1 week, but don't take the halfboard, there are many nice (and cheaper) restaurants and pubs closeby. But I wonder if the staff can manage everything in high season...
Croatia is lovely, Dubrovnik area is very good place to visit, the croatian people are super friendly (they are happy to have you as a guest and it shows) which for me made my holiday something I will always remember and Ihave good memories about.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Hotel Park is located in the heart of Dubrovnik's Lapad Peninsula and only 100 meters away from the beautiful beach.It has a large outdoor pool and a brand new and modern spa area with indoor pool.Consisting of the main hotel building and 2 historical villas, it offers air-conditioned rooms with shower/bath, minibar, flat-screen TVs, free of charge safe and free of charge Wi Fi.Free WI-Fi is as well available in all public areas.Hotel offers a small complimentary and multilingual library for all guests.Small children corner is located within the hotel and features a flat-screen TV, CD player, books, toys and collection of cartoons.Croatian and international cuisine can be enjoyed at Grand Hotel Park’s main restaurant or in the picturesque à la carte Tavern Maria" s Castle. Bars/Snack Bars are located within hotel, by the outdoor pool,and at the beach ( as a part of beach restaurant "Plaža") , where parties take place regularly.Live music can be enjoyed 3-5 times a week.Tennis courts and a seashore promenade with restaurants , coffee shops, shopping center and magnificent views towards Elaphite Islands are only a few steps away from the Grand Hotel Park.Dubrovnik's Old town is less than 3 km away and can easily be reached in 5 minutes by frequent buses, since bus station is just 2 minutes away from the hotel.Parking is always available and is free of charge at Grand Hotel Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotelopia, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Grand Hotel Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Dubrovnik