We booked a week in this hotel. It has pleasant comfortable rooms and is of a reasonable standard. It is also a pleasant walk into the Old Town. The terrace bar had live background music on an evening. There was a swiming pool and a platform access to the sea.
We were b&b the breakfast was ok if a little bland, there was no change in what was available throughout the week and nothing cooked to order eg an omlette chef. The staff were also clearing away fifteen minutes before the 10.30am close. We ate in the restaurant one night and were disappointed I had mussles for main ( I know, always a mistake in the med!) the portion was very small and the mussels poor quality. I could understand the latter bit however my wife ordered a steak which was tough and badly cooked. They did however notice that she had left it offered and alternative and refunded the cost, so good in that respect.
The speciallity Victoria restaurant was closed for a refurb but we did have cocktails at their terrace bar. fabulous views of the Walled city but the dry martinis had bits of ice floating in them so not so dry!
A nice hotel but lacked a bit of sparkle.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Villa Argentina is Dubrovnik’s traditional luxury address, combining exclusivity and attention to detail with spectacular views of the sea, backdropped by pine tree-clad mountains. This five-star hotel in Dubrovnik has a regal, old-world charm. Just minutes from the Old Town, it has been an exclusive enclave in the city for nearly 60 years. Sitting on a steep cliffside, leading down to the sea, the views of the Adriatic stretch from the island of Lokrum round to the old harbour of Dubrovnik. As soon as you walk into the hotel reception, the incredible scenery stops you in your tracks. Lush gardens, with stone fences and secluded corners in which to sit, are filled with lemon, wild orange, rosemary, lavender and bay leaf plants – the flavours of a Mediterranean kitchen. Whether you’re sunbathing on the private beach, with its seaside pool, dining on the restaurant terraces or quietly reading your book in the gardens, spectacular scenery follows you wherever you go. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , TravelUp, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Villa Argentina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Villa Argentina Hotel Dubrovnik
- Grand Hotel Argentina
- Grand Hotel Dubrovnik
- Hotel Argentina Dubrovnik
- Villa Argentina Dubrovnik